SlotForum banner
21 - 40 of 211 Posts

·
Greg Gaub
15,409 Posts
By the way : I have noticed 2 smal dip switches below the powerbase. Someone have mentioned to me, that these swithces are to change the id of the base, so you can have more powerbases active at the same time, in the same room. This could be a problem with wireless controllers, if this possibility was not there. But we are guessing.........................
I believe you would pair the wireless controllers to the bases individually. If you pair Blue controller to base 1, and base 2 has a different dip switch configuration, it would NOT control cars on track 2. You would need a second blue controller for track 2, and it would in turn NOT control cars on track 1. If they had the same dip switch setting, it probably would be a problem.

Would you be willing to take the back/bottom off and post a photo of the electronics under the track? I'm curious about their type and location. I'm especially hopeful that the types are the same as on the APB (one set of IR, one set of blade) so that I can wire it up with the same connections I've used for the other bases.

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Hi
friend got the same pinched screen running in arc air mode, so near yet so far, great to read about the ease of setup and use, the fact everything pairs up with ease has to be applauded
clap.gif

If it had the right app it would be there, same for the new chip, again supply the goods but leave the plug off on the chip for the light output , let's hope future high detail cars come with the lighting looms fully wired and the chip has the needed plugs fitted.

Great write up
thumbsup.gif
Ade,

What new chip?

·
Circuit Owner
5,925 Posts
Hi Colin,

Hes talking about the Rev H C8515. Theres a thread about the new wonderchip on this Forum. Just search C8515 differences

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Thanks, I presumed as much as its been bantered about since the PCR chassis but last I spoke to Scalextric there was still no update.

I will go look now.

·
Greg Gaub
15,409 Posts
Hi Greg

are you planning to cut the track piece from the power base?
That is something I'm wanting to do, yes.

Pictures added to my arc pro gallery
Thanks! Unfortunately, it looks like there are separate panels covering the actual sensors, so I can't see what kind they each are. But, it does look like 4 wires going to each set of sensors, once set at each end of the track piece. I have a feeling it's different enough from current designs that I would not be able to use my existing track pieces, but still need to see what kind they are. I'm imagining some kind of blade sensor on each end, otherwise how would analog mode pit lane sensing work? Hold the brake button for that, too? I guess. Now that I think about it that way, I guess it could just be an ID sensor at one end and a blade sensor at the other. LOL.

Interesting that they used connectors for the sensors, but soldered in the power wires.

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
All I could come up with is this .............

Electronic instrument Wood Audio equipment Electronic engineering Gas

It doesn't have much in the way to reduce the beam scatter, unlike the good old C7042 guides .....

Hood Circuit component Hardware programmer Bumper Electrical wiring

Attachments

·
Greg Gaub
15,409 Posts
Nice. That confirms one end is blade only. Chances are the other ones are ID only and my plans are still possible.

I figured I'd get one unit for permanent installation in my portable track without modification, and another unit split up for use on my garage track.

I'll probably need help from someone into electronics (e.g. RikoRocket) to help with the matching of wires so that I don't cross the streams, though.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Thanks Gysse. At the bottom, that looks like slotted sensors to detect just the guide blade, similar to Arc Air.

I can't quite make out what is at the top of the board. It almost looks like two phototransistors next to each other just a couple of mm apart on each lane?

The APB only has one phototransistor on each lane on a separate board.

I'm a bit confused - from your gallery photos, it looks like there are wires going to each end of the track piece. If so, are there two PCBs, one at each end, and is the other board identical?

·
Administrator
10,165 Posts
Interesting use of the double detectors, but they are wired in parallel so they are probably just trying to get a stronger signal

More interesting is the blade sensor and the ID sensor both output on the same wire. I would read into that it looks for a blade pulse before looking for the ID on the same input. Saves connections!

That would be why it doesn't work in both directions

·
ParrotGod
9,447 Posts
I would assume (as for the APB) that for each id you can have at least one pace car.

Nothing stops you from id more than one car on the same id...so the limit in this case is the amount of amp the base/power suppliers can handle.

It would be interesting to know if also this base has been limited to 10 amps. Riko???

·
Administrator
10,165 Posts
Need some circuit board photos.

Likely that the system will be similar in track drive (albeit without the stupid 12V regulator) to the C7042, so expect overload protection the same, so trip will be set probably around 8 Amps, but we can get around that easily
tongue.png

·
Greg Gaub
15,409 Posts
Well, I got one. Haven't had time to play yet, so thought I'd ask some questions so I don't break something. I had to get the set because the upgrade base isn't available yet, and I'm hoping to use this for an event with my portable track in less than two weeks.

First off, I know I'll physically be able to drop the base into the portable track, but my main concern is that there was mention earlier that the ARC Pro only counts laps in one direction, from right to left. If that's true, then I won't be able to put it in my portable track without mods, because the ARC Pro "box" will need to be on the inside of the track, not the outside. I've already taken a first hand look at the track wiring, and I think I should be able to simply turn the track piece itself (and the sensors) around, so that it's effectively left-to-right only. But, before I do that, I want to be absolutely sure it's necessary, since it will require desoldering the power wires.

Also, does anyone who has one know how it handles "crossies?" I've got the lanes bridged all over my track for assistance with continuity, but if the ARC Pro freaks out with crossies in digital mode (won't even look at analog mode for now), then I'll have even more work to do.

On a side note, although the new DPR chips have not come in locally, the set includes the new ones in the cars. Woot! I've got four of the new chips! Also, the cars are nice. All new liveries I don't have any of, and mostly the new "PCR" style body and chassis. Yes, only mostly. Scalextric went and included an old style, sidewinder version of the Aston Martin. Really, Scalextric? So close, yet so far. The set also comes with two R2 90 and two of the new super-long straights meant to allow figure 8 tracks (instead of the old elevated crossover pieces), and something you don't see much in sets... two quarter straights. That, plus the full pit lane set up with all the needed single lane pieces, three piece long pit, and three grid pieces, I think it's pretty nice bit of kit. Six cars would have been nice, but at least the four are high detail with lights, plus it's nice to be able to pick your other two from the available catalog, if you really need 6 to start with. Also thanks for including the other two colored lanyards. I picked up two more controllers so I'd have the needed six, plus my ARC Air (modded with the 3d printed buttons) controllers as backup.

Thanks in advance for the assistance! If no one is able to answer today, and I've got time between handing out bits of candy, I'll test this all myself tonight.

21 - 40 of 211 Posts