SlotForum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Ninco released some new 1/32 sets and a couple of versions of the Audi R8 at the end of last year. So far I´ve only seen them available at spanish retailers. It remains to be seen where they go from there.

·
Registered
Ninco Slotcar fans
208 Posts
I mean i'd like Ninco to sell proper slot cars again, no Lexan, no universal chassis. Nc-1 powered Classics, nc-5 Rallys, Youngtimers.
Driver 8 said it : Simple and fun, affordable, i don't want a new nsr or sideways GT missile, there is room for Ninco to come back.

·
ParrotGod
7,809 Posts
If they would do nice detailed cars with a bit of performance there could be still room for them.
However, if SCX is able to build back a good portfolio of cars they might be taking this spot.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
If they would do nice detailed cars with a bit of performance there could be still room for them.
However, if SCX is able to build back a good portfolio of cars they might be taking this spot.
IMHO they should stick to the Classic line that is awesome and leave the Gt market for the other brands.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I wrote to the product manager i know, about 2 weeks back, but have not received a reply.
My guess is they are just flushing inventory with some sets - or at best, are doing the minimum to keep some product line alive.
But I do not think they will ever re-release the classics.
I asked about those molds, and possible future production when I was there late 2019, just before Covid.
At that time, they had no intentions. Everything that has happened the last 18 months has probably just driven another nail into the coffin of that financial model.

·
Registered
Ninco Slotcar fans
208 Posts
That's a good... and bad news.
Good to hear that someone can talk to Ninco here, and bad, well, you know.
I can't wait to read their anwer. If they do.

I am building a Ninco FB fanpage. Ninco used to be my favourite brand 20 years ago, and it stil is.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Please let me know when the FB Ninco fanpage is up and running, I will ask my wife to join as I'm also a fan of Ninco.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I do love my Ninco 166s. They ran nicely with the 356 although my coupe was never as good as the spyders of course.
Beautiful cars.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
"Classics" is the line that Ninco should be releasing instead of trying to get on board with the Gt Class.

·
Slot Car Racer and Builder
1,721 Posts
While it would be nice to see Ninco (or someone else) re-release the classic sports cars again what I would really like is for BRM to release them in 1/24 scale. There mini saloon and Grp2 cars run nicely on 1/32 track and are a ton of fun to drive. A 1/24 Porsche 356 (roadster and coupe) , Ferrari 166 and Jaguar XK120 would be the best and that isn't even talking about the Cobra, Ferrari 250 Testarosa - the Healy, the Corvette :)

Reactions: matthew77
41 - 56 of 56 Posts