SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I get all enthusiastic and start yanking.

·
Administrator
10,123 Posts
Ninco no
Slot.it no
NSR no
SCX no
Scalextric yes

my tip:
Always take axles out before pulling off plastic wheels
Drop axle into hot water and pull off wheels whilst they are still hot - this causes less damage and stress
Ditto for fitting
Dry thoroughly

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (RikoRocket @ 5 Jul 2011, 17:39) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ninco no
Slot.it no
NSR no
SCX no
Scalextric yes

my tip:
Always take axles out before pulling off plastic wheels
Drop axle into hot water and pull off wheels whilst they are still hot - this causes less damage and stress
Ditto for fitting
Dry thoroughly

Cheers I will summon up so enthusiasm and get cooking.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
iwas surprised some of the scalextric axles arn,t knurled only in the centre to stop the gear spinning. you can some times tell by rocking the bearings on the axle, little to no slop=non knurled axles big slop = knurled axles. if you want to leave the knurl and loose bearings on, its easy to refit them. use a superglue wtith rubber in suspension , ie gorrilla glue clear and pendles black cyano acrillic great for seating tyres to rims as you have a 10 to 15 sec window to seat the tires. to get the rims on square a dab of glue on the knurl and push them together with a machine vise rotating the axle every couple of secs. voila square rims to axle. a better method is to chuck axles in a lathe or pillar drill and gently use a fine flat 1/4 inch needle file to flatten the knurl to 3/32. keep checking with a slot it alloy wheel or bearing till you have a nice fit then you can use any 2.38mm or 3/32 bearing and wheel combo. by the way you will still see some indents from the knurl because its lower than 3/32 axle. good luck john

1 - 5 of 5 Posts