SlotForum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always relied on buying the driver figures for my scratchbuilds quite cheaply at swapmeets, but now there are no swapmeets, I've just about run out of drivers! Immense Miniatures driver figures are marvellous and Pendles do a good range of figures, too, but it gets pricy to use them for every build.

Have any of you serious club racers out there got a stash of redundant drivers you've replaced by vac-formed drivers in your racers, that you might be prepared to part with?

Always hopeful......

Mike

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
If it’s for your own personal use and you have no intention of selling them just recast what ever you need

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've always relied on buying the driver figures for my scratchbuilds quite cheaply at swapmeets, but now there are no swapmeets, I've just about run out of drivers! Immense Miniatures driver figures are marvellous and Pendles do a good range of figures, too, but it gets pricy to use them for every build.

Have any of you serious club racers out there got a stash of redundant drivers you've replaced by vac-formed drivers in your racers, that you might be prepared to part with?

Always hopeful......

Mike
Pendle sell drivers figures at quite a good price.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Graeme Turner has/had some vintage Scaxltric reproductions. [email protected]
I don't have any pictures.
A long way for shipping but...

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One of Pendle's figures, available at a most reasonable price. View attachment 277914
Where are the legs……….?😁
More seriously-I tend to build on impulse and I’m not organised enough to pre-buy bulk stocks of things like drivers, wheels, gears, guides etc . I’ve relied on donor cars bought at swapmeet or in ‘scrapyard’ auctions. The admittedly very reasonable price for individual bits translates into a much bigger sum if I have to pay postage each time.
Mike

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
RS are the UK agents for Immense Miniatures, and buying from them removes the Customs hassle from getting them direct.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Where are the legs……….?😁
More seriously-I tend to build on impulse and I’m not organised enough to pre-buy bulk stocks of things like drivers, wheels, gears, guides etc . I’ve relied on donor cars bought at swapmeet or in ‘scrapyard’ auctions. The admittedly very reasonable price for individual bits translates into a much bigger sum if I have to pay postage each time.
Mike
Estoy de acuerdo contigo Mike. Yo, al vivir lejos de ninguna parte, me ha sucedido en algún caso que al comprar cosas que me faltaban y en distintas tiendas... El coche me ha costado el doble de caro que comprarlo entero en ebay.

I agree with you Mike. Living far from nowhere, it has happened to me in some cases that when I bought things that I was missing and in different stores ... The car has cost me twice as much as buying it in its entirety on ebay.

Frederic

·
Registered
619 Posts
La idea de clonar un piloto la he utilizado a menudo. Lo importante es la cabeza, el resto del cuerpo se hace de cualquier manera. Ese piloto que enseña Trisha, u otro parecido, lo he clonado alguna vez. Utilizo un molde de plastilina y algún componente liquido como cyanocrilato e ir poniendo ceniza. Si el molde es de silicona caliente, una vez endurecida puedes hacer el piloto con masilla.

The idea of cloning a pilot I have used often. The important thing is the head, the rest of the body is done in any way. That pilot Trisha teaches, or another like it, I have cloned once. I use a plasticine mold and some liquid component such as cyanoacrylate and put ashes. If the mold is made of hot silicone, once it has hardened you can make the pilot with putty.

Frederic

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
There are some 3dp files on the web, that are pilots designs, so maybe could be a good idea to ask somebody near to print them for you, they use almost nothing of material and print in no time. 😉

Normally I only print the helmet/head of the pilots, when I dont like the original.

Cheers

·
Registered
619 Posts
Un ejemplo de algún piloto hecho en S&B total, lo puedes ver en el tema del Auto Union Tipe C (AQUÏ), en el aporte #32. La perspectiva de la fotografía aumenta los defectos, pero al mirar el conjunto, tal vez algún compañero no se ha dado cuenta.

An example of a pilot made in S&B total, you can see it in the Auto Union Tipe C issue (HERE), in contribution # 32. The perspective of the photograph increases the defects, but when looking at the whole, perhaps a colleague has not noticed.

Frederic

1 - 19 of 19 Posts