Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you happy with SSD
Yes its a blast, any problems have been or are being properly dealt with2646.43%
No but I got my money back without hassle11.79%
No and I had a nightmare getting money back or lost money11.79%
I dont have SSD or I think this poll is stupid 2850.00%

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
Now I know why I don't read the Digital thread very often.

Astro, I have been "reviewing " the many posts and so understand what prompted this poll. I even laughed.

But it is edging towards the same place in my heart that Pop Idol, Big Brother and most ITV programmes reside - namely the suicide inducingly boring.

So here's a thought. Let's think of it all as a memorial to Moped and his Hornby obsession and move on. Please!

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I agree, I will not be in the slightest bit offended to see this poll go, but when it popped into my head I just had to share.
(for those who see it before it gets deleted and may not understand my sense of humour - I do know that the questions are stupidly biased towards scalextric looking good in almost all circumstances, the results prove nothing at all. Thats the point)

Sorry guys

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'd just like to know why ALL the polls show [0.00%] with a non-zero-length bar...

Marcus

·
Mike Calcutt
452 Posts
Converted to SSD 8 mths ago , run it every week. Had 3 overloads in all that time ...its a blast and have no idea why anyone would still use analog.

·
Registered
391 Posts
SSD is superb and great fun
BUT missing some elements - more lane changes, displays etc

The main point for me with SSD is the cars smack into each other more, there is no way Im going to use some of my nicer cars on digital - the F1 cars lose their nose cones almost every race anyway!

My experience is only use bullet proof cars on SSD (hence Scaley bringing out the Porsches and Audi's) - save the nice ones for single lane racing.

·
Ian
99 Posts
Astro,
You old cynic you, I know you shouldn't be encouraged. I like My SSD but it is still in infancy and it has to be developed further, as we know you keep an eye on the "Digital threads" you'll know that is happening if not necessarily by the manufacturers as quickly as we would have liked then through the enthusiasts on this site.

Eight months ago I was running a two lane Classic track, now I have:
all new Sport Track,
the equivalent of a six lanes,
the fun of lane changes,
the ability to drive a more " Technical" race which will effect the other drivers,
State of the art computer graphics on a screen probably the same size as the one you're reading this on.
The ability to record split second lap-times, and store them.
Six computer based race modes.
The ability to setup different breaking effects.
Constant Lights ON for night runs.

That's now, just think what will be out there in another eight months time:
The ability to pull off the track into the Pits (or Not!)
Computer generated re-fuelling Pit stops which may affect the cars performance
Straight LC's
Anti collision software
Electronically engineered downforce
NINCO's offering up some very nice looking Digital kit.
That's all I can think of I'm sure others much cleverer than I will come up with more.

But I still have my Classic track should I ever want a "retro moment" I keep it with the "vinyl records"," bakelite phone" and collection of "Tank tops".

Found this website thought you may wish to join.

Astro's web page

PS. I've never had to return any part of my SSD I'm only running V1.3. (Tempting fate)
PPS. "for those who see it before it gets deleted and may not understand my sense of humour" This reply not meant to be in any way serious either!

PPPS. Love Scott's reply, Scalextricracer's signature says it all! Marcus's Signature is spot on, agree with Kaspin42.

Regards

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Bleep and other casual readers of this thread.

This is a very old thread which has recently been resurrected.

It is a poll designed to be silly, in response to another silly poll that was intended to be serious! The point of it is no longer relevent and somewhat obscure. It was not aimed to hype scalextric, nor was it a swipe at scalextric.

If people are really interested on what my thoughts on SSD are - I am an SSD owner and like it. Due to a large number of analogue cars, and the present state of developement of digital, I still run analogue, probably more than digital. I am eagerly anticipating Sport World.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts