Are You Looking Forward To: Digital or SportWorld
Digital2433.33%
SportWorld1216.67%
Both1926.39%
Neither1723.61%

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
world mostly - the full telemetry, sector times, 3d track design, 1000th second times will add loads to my slot experience. Internet racing might be good, and lots of the other features sound interesting too.

Digital? my limited experience has been positive, I think it will be fun too.

·
Registered
153 Posts
hi

i'm very interested by digital, not only the scalex one! it's sure, i'll get one !

for the wolrdsport... i don't see the interet... first, internet is not next to the track, then... i'm nearly sure that nobody have the same track than me... but... race by internet... it's more pleasant i think to race for real, with a car just in front of you, with braking and acceleration that you have to succes in order to not kickoff your friends!

so... digital!

elicend

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Both ( I am talking Scalextric Digital here, I tried Carrera and SCX and was not impressed), for the advances and progress they bring and will bring to the hobby.

Digital I have a portable track planned for already (3m x 1m adaptable to 2 x 1 for places with little space). We will be using it at fairs/markets/auto dealerships etc, to promote the hobby and Swiss Race Bahn.

It also does not worry me that the controllers are different I am sure the necessary changes can be made to most controllers once we get a chance to look inside one.

Sportworld I can see the gadgets and software contained in it, being just as exciting and attractive to people with or without the internet aspect, which I want to try thoroughly but am a bit wary of success wise although I admit there are many interactive online games around and they are going great guns so what do I know ehh?

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Looking forward to Digital... not only Scalextric though...

I don't see the advantages of virtual slot racing when you can race slot-cars irl...
Well, you can put buildings and stuff next to the track... but so can you IRL...
And racing over internet? I'd rather have some-one next to me to talk to and drink a beer with... Maybe you can call this 26 year old guy old-fashioned?

If I play on one of my computers... I'll play Gran Turismo... now that's racing... with real cars...

My opinion...

Greetz

Gunther

·
Registered
317 Posts
Really looking forward to Digital (scalextric). I have tried the SCX set up and it was pretty good.

I don't really know all that much about Sportworld to comment.

Cheers

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
i agree that the internet racing is a big unknown, and it is not what makes me want World.

Forget about that bit, the statistics and info it gives you of a club or home real life race - sector times, 1/1000 second, fuel strategies etc etc makes it easily worth its proposed price. You don't HAVE to use all its features

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Sport World. 'coz I like computers. Like Thomas says you don't have to use all the features.
I think the intelligent track option (BLST) shows great promise and seems to be better than MCPL for now.

Mark.

·
Premium Member
5,393 Posts
Guess how I voted... go on... guess.

Oh, okay. I'll tell ya, as I can see you are all itching to know which side of the fence I've been sitting on for so long I fell.

Neither.

It ain't broke so don't go trying to fix it. Certainly don't go trying to fix it and tell me it's going to cost me more!

Slot racing is a beautifully simple concept, rejoice in it! Whistles and bells it don't need, IMHO.

Racing over the net? Sheesh. Do me a favour. Cast off your anoraks you dullards! Get social! Invite your friends round for a race and shake their hand when they beat you.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
If Sportworld has telemetry, similar to computer racing simulations (Grand Prix 4 etc etc) allowing the user to view & record fastest laps to then play back & review where they made & lost time would be neat.

Regarding Digital, content with how slot cars race at the moment. Not really getting excited because I can't see any of my local Clubs converting to Digital (if at all) for a long time to come.

The next alternative, if as a home racer and purchasing and converting to Digital for oneself, I believe at the moment would be a rather pointless exercise as a normal set would suffice for my needs/circumstances, as 95% of the time it would be run by me on my own.

Jamie

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Both because they advance the hobby. Having taken part in internet racing I have to say I do like it! The chat room chit chat in between races is as much fun as the racing itself. The great thing about internet racing is that you all race at the same time and you all chat at the same time.

And it is going to make the setting up of clubs much easier as the portability of circuits for multi car racing will be simplified. We might even get one in my local area!

Moped

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
QUOTE (moped rider @ 3 Jul 2004, 12:51)The great thing about internet racing is that you all race at the same time and you all chat at the same time.
The great thing about Club racing is that you all race at the same time and you all chat at the same time.

Sorry Moped, had to post that one!

Mark.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I voted neither as my all digital single/multi lane routed track has been fully operational for about 2 months already.

I don' need no stinkin commercial manufacturer/vendor to kepp me waiting for digital.

-Paul

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
hi guys,

for me it's digital of course.

QUOTE To save space - more drivers on fewer tracks!
My track is up to 8 drivers with Davic power and 6 with scalex sport digital on 7,5 m² .

regards

1 - 20 of 34 Posts