Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All

I'm looking at the possibility of setting up a club in or near Somerton which is about 20 minutes south of Glastonbury or about the same distance north of Yeovil.

Ideally it would be a wooden track, 4 lane, copper braid. I have a number of possible locations but the whole thing revolves around numbers. 'If you build it, they will come' was OK for Kevin Kostner but I think that I'll need some help.

If you are in that part of the South west and interested then email me ([email protected]) or call 020 7357 8005 (Yes, thats a London number and I shuttle between the two.)

Regards

Niall

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Ah! Glastonbury! An Inspector Thumb classic! The very thought of the Turnmarshallsofdoom and their signature tune 'Touch my Bumslot and Die' or Boris Kutchyaballzoff and the Lithuanian State Balalaika Ensemble is enough to garner great excitement! Or was that Harriet Porsche? I forget! You may even find our Howmet, the Xylonophone player for Pink Kar Floyd is already there.

Anyone seen Harry?

Kind regards

Russell

PS: Welcome to SlotForum, Niall!

·
Phil B.
3,740 Posts
Hi - There is a routed four lane track in Honiton - I don`t have a contact number but they race in the SWeLLs Championship and must have regular race meetings.

Maybe someone can throw some light on that.

Cheers - Phil B.

·
Alan Tadd
4,029 Posts
hi Nial

Welcome to the forum.

I live in Bath, so I'm interested in any new Club in the area thats within an hours driving time.

Regards

Alan

PS Howmet obviously hasn't taken his pills today, but I'm sure things will improve as the Festival Season approaches.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
We have just lost about six club members who have been moved to Yeovil as Hymatic Engineering is re locating. They will be well chuffed if you set this up and I`ll let them know mate.

·
Registered
178 Posts
The Honiton club meets on Friday evenings from 7.30 to whenever!
Nice venue, warm, good parking.
Friendly people, we race on 4 lane MDF track with various classes mods allowed but Hornby, Fly, Ninco etc, no Parma's etc.

New championship series starts January but informal races during close season where you can set up your cars for next year.

Loan controllers, cars, can be provided initially

Give me a call for further details, you will be assured of a warm welcome

Day No .. 07801 095250
Evening No .. 01392 824778

Ron Lane

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All

Re: Track in Somerton

I've dabbled in Fly/Scalex/Ninco type racing but my main interest is retro ECRA type cars (reliving my teenage slotracing of the late 1960s). I've already renovated one track in the Yeovil area but I'd really like to get a more formal club going. I also did the BSL a couple of years back and had a real blast. I'd like to do a bit more with flexi cars if it was possible. I know that these cars may not be to everyone's taste but I guess you have to start somewhere.

Regards and best to all.

Niall

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Thanks Russell, but I think that went down like a Led Zeppelin. Inspector Thumb 'Classic'? He hasn't even got going yet. When this Glasto Club gets under way, he'll be there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts