SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Artin 4-lane 69.75ft layout using Tracker 2000 to design. The computer (still using WinME!) runs Lap Timer 2000 or Virtual Race System (VRS) for timing laps (built my my own light-bridge and photocell timing sections). Artin controllers used for every day running, but switch to Parma for more important events. Have not yet wired the track for dynamic brakes (future project). Power supply is 15A SAMLEX unit from around 2002. Track handles all makes (Scalextric, Fly, Slot-It, SCX, etc.) with no problems. We run magnet and non-magnet events, and use the Artin cars for beginners and training. Love the track, and it was so cheap!

White Green Black Urban design Line

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Car Tire Vehicle Wheel Automotive tire

Attachments

·
Registered
485 Posts
Hi DakotaKid-

I had an Artin layout that was similar to yours. If you ever want to cover the channel between the tracks, you can use Evergreen styrene "U-channel" to eliminate the space. The U-channel fits the space exactly, and you won't have people complaining about an uneven track.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never had anyone complain about the channel between the tracks, but that is great information! I'll scope it out! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Great looking track, looks like plenty of fun. What scale Is the Chevy?

Welcome to SF by the way.

Simon

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
My 908. Basically testing posting options. Can't seem to delete posts. Bummer.

attachicon.gif
P908GrnRF.jpg
Love that 908. Must be more variations of the 908 than any other car. Must be at least a dozen different body shapes in only a year or two.

If you want to delete a post you can just edit it to say "whoops" or "deleted" or "You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off" or something like that.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nice route! I would replace the black controls, these are without brake and really not good.
The blue ones from Artin are better or the same as others, just not these black pistol controls.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts