SlotForum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
The answer is NO!!!

What makes you think that this could be? If you want a cheap track buy Artin if you want quality buy Carrera.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Not to fuel any fires...but you might want to give the Artin a try. Very high quality track. Pastime Raceway (check out his track pictures on this forum) actually went from Carrera to Artin and has zero regrets.

Just because the price is low, doesn't mean the quality is. Checkout homeracingworld.com for more information and writeups on the sets.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi Ice,

I'm with Dave and Alan on this one.
I don't understand all this negativity towards Artin track.
It's very surprising considering all it's advantages compared to the rest.

Carrer - Big enough for the 1/24 cars, hard plastic, channel for the guide not to touch the steel rails, anti corrosion rails, deep groove for larger guides, next best track to wood.
Artin - Hard plastic, channel for the guide not to touch the steel rails, anti corrosion rails, smaller foot print so more track in a smaller area, much easier to connect and disassemble than Carrera and deep groove for larger guides. Next best thing to Carrera IMHO.

Scaley Classic/ SCX - The track I used to swear by....once. But once I got Artin I will never go back. With age this track gets lumpy, bumpy and warps way too much and you will find the steel rails bend easily with continual setting up and disassembly.
Artin - As previously stated and a great flat surface to race on.

Scaley Sport - Smooth and Flat race surface, flexible track, deeper groove, easy track connections.
Artin - As previously stated, but will not come apart as easily as Sport does

If I'm incorrect in any of the above observations, please let me know.
I am only going by my own personal racing and testing on each track system.
I have owned all the above mentioned except Carrera, but have had the opportunity to race, assemble and disassemble Carrer track quite frequently.
I hope this provides you with a little more info to help in your decision.

Kind Regards
NimROD

1 - 9 of 9 Posts