SlotForum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this over on the Slot Car World website:

Is it mere coincidence that VMG have just launched the JPS and Lucky Strike Lotus 72D's, and Artin bring out a set with a JPS and a Lucky Strike Lotus 72D?

If the Artin cars are 1/32nd scale, they could be even more appealing than the VMG's... or are they in fact VMG cars...?

Kind regards

Russell

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
They are the VMG cars. Slot Car World does "sets" or packages of track with cars not necessarily from the same maker. Good marketing of Artin track, especially to new buyers, as the price is very competitive.

Scott

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Very enterprising!
I haven't used Artin track, but the reviews I have read convince me that it is, without doubt, the easiest of all to assemble and disassemble with some other good qualities too.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Are these really the VMG cars? I am not so certain. SCW indeed does sell Artin Sets with other manufacturers cars as a "Package", but this looks like a photo of an Artin package? SCW does not usually go through the amount of effort that would be involved in dropping photo's of 1 manufacturers cars into the artwork of another manufacturers track.

Several month's ago the topic came up on an SCI chat that, Carrera had raised it's game & why couldn't Artin do the same? I actually suggested that Artin should try making cars that nobody else was making and/or copying ranges of companies that might not be doing things "Properly" or cheaply enough. Although, I hesitate to think that anybody actually listens to some of my crazy idea's it is quite possible that Artin looked at what VMG had coming up & chose to duplicate their efforts! VMG has a good reputation for choosing cars that the enthusiasts want, so from Artin's perspective that would eliminate most of the guess work about what model to do!

SCW is right in my backyard (so to speak) maybe I will give them a call & find out for sure!

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
"SCW does not usually go through the amount of effort that would be involved in dropping photo's of 1 manufacturers cars into the artwork of another manufacturers track."

Well, it takes you about 2 minutes to get those cars onto a black background when you're used to photoshop. I don't see "that amonut of effort" in this picture.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
I see it clearly states '1/32 scale' on the packaging....
What are the trade description laws like round that part of the world?
Just trying to cause trouble....

·
Registered
59 Posts
It does say VGM Cars, had me going for a minute. 1/32 scale would definetly sell
I wonder why vgm ,dont see that. Or other manufacturers either for that matter and do the can ams.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
DOH!!!!! I see where it says VMG, but I could have sworn that was not there thefirst time I looked. Anyway, shoot's down my hopes that Artin was gonna do something special!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts