SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Ok, I'm having too much fun to wait until these are done. This is my lower grandstand area that I just put the base down for. I also just Sculptamolded it tonight ( I love this stuff!). It needs a LOT of cleanup, paint/turf, and detailing. BUT, the Artin grandstands are almost done. I still have some trim and signage to do. Not bad for an $8 accessory, and 1.50 in Basswood!

Overview:

Restrooms

Refreshment stand

More to come...stay tuned to the same BAT Channel!

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the comments! The stands are Artin, not sure where you'd get those in the UK, I think Racy is what it's called in Europe?

Anyway, the back of the stands has a large, rectangle opening. I used a simple, flat piece of Basswood, made the windows for the stand, or the opening door of the restrooms. I hot-glued them to the stand. The wood covers the hole from the inside of the stand. I also covered the sides under the stands as well so it was completely covered underneath.

As for the figures, I've got a mixture of about 100 on order. Scalextric spectators, MRRC spectators, and Scalextric and the new Monogram pit crews. I'll see how I like those. The Artin stands come with 6 figures each, so I also have those to paint. I may still get some Froemters if not just to compare them with those I'll already have.

I'll post more as the turf, etc. gets done.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rene,

They do come in the red/yellow/blue originally. I was going for something that matched my track.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts