SlotForum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Thanks for posting

The Sport Digital Pro box is quite a big piece of kit for the side of the track.

- Seems to be modular.
- Notice USB plug - good as laptops these days dont have serial ports.
- We don't see the wires, but they'll all come out the side by the look of things. Need tie-downs.

·
Registered
714 Posts
It's great to see some pics, even if a little unsure as to which is which!
Cheers Russell!

Obviously it will have to wait for hands on testing, but my initial impression of the controllers is that a separate button for the brakes is probably a bad idea. Of course a separate button for lane swapping is necessary, but I feel another, second, button for braking will almost certainly detract from easy and accurate throttle control. I have definite reservations on that aspect.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
I have to agree with the doubtful wisdom of two buttons and, in those pics, neither of them look too convenient for thumb operation - they seem mounted a little too far back for a natural thumb movement. This probably means two handed driving will be needed, yet their shape doesn't look quite right for a two handed operation. I also see the possibility of hitting the wrong button, which could be quite irritating! It's hard to judge anything sensibly from a small pic, but it IS good to see the pics.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Good point Beppe!
I really don't like the RC hand sets with their push/pull triggers and steering on the same unit. Horrible things - too complicated for old codgers! More seriously, not so much complicated as unnatural feeling in my hands - maybe some are better designed than others - I only have a couple of cheap ones.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.