SlotForum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Beppe Giannini
1,696 Posts
That's VERY interesting, Russell !
Why would they show that trackside box with SIX lanes ?

Now, please find the picture of the LC as well

Ciao
Beppe

·
Beppe Giannini
1,696 Posts
OK, no LC picture yet, but you did post their new statement where they say it's in a curve - so it's official

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Thanks for posting

The Sport Digital Pro box is quite a big piece of kit for the side of the track.

- Seems to be modular.
- Notice USB plug - good as laptops these days dont have serial ports.
- We don't see the wires, but they'll all come out the side by the look of things. Need tie-downs.

·
DT
5,195 Posts
QUOTE (Intergrali @ 8 Jan 2004, 12:16 PM)oh no not infra red?!!
Where do you get that from?

I don't think so.

·
Registered
714 Posts
QUOTE Why would they show that trackside box with SIX lanes ?
I think we have to assume because that one is the 'Sport World' race system and not connected with the separate digital control and lane changing system. The digital control box will be the other one - the first pic.

·
Registered
392 Posts
One thing for sure : if they have made so many innovations and so well built in so short time, they think that slotcar racing will have a great future, and this is also our hope!

Ciao

·
Registered
714 Posts
It's great to see some pics, even if a little unsure as to which is which!
Cheers Russell!

Obviously it will have to wait for hands on testing, but my initial impression of the controllers is that a separate button for the brakes is probably a bad idea. Of course a separate button for lane swapping is necessary, but I feel another, second, button for braking will almost certainly detract from easy and accurate throttle control. I have definite reservations on that aspect.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
I have to agree with the doubtful wisdom of two buttons and, in those pics, neither of them look too convenient for thumb operation - they seem mounted a little too far back for a natural thumb movement. This probably means two handed driving will be needed, yet their shape doesn't look quite right for a two handed operation. I also see the possibility of hitting the wrong button, which could be quite irritating! It's hard to judge anything sensibly from a small pic, but it IS good to see the pics.

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
Good point Beppe!
I really don't like the RC hand sets with their push/pull triggers and steering on the same unit. Horrible things - too complicated for old codgers! More seriously, not so much complicated as unnatural feeling in my hands - maybe some are better designed than others - I only have a couple of cheap ones.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts