SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I see the Ascars are out in the UK. (available at MRE)
Am not complaining but how come the price is only £18 !
Has anyone got details of tech spec ?
Thanks guys, happy racing,
Gjb52

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
They don't look any less detailed than the Nascars. No lights (pianted on) but they still have a full interior. Maybe licensing costs less and so they have decided to pass the saving on to customers. Maybe not...

Lotus

·
Matt Tucker
3,550 Posts
I believe these are based on the prev taurus chassis so will be in-line. In our club the in-lines are just not competitive being about 0.7 seconds slower that the sidewinders. However if they have updated the chassis and made it a sidewinder then excellent.

Anyway at that price they look very good value and would make ideal club cars.

Matt

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
They are great club cars. Strong little buggers. The in line set up is a shame as you say they just don`t compete against the sidewinders. Can swap the chassis though to add variety?

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
QUOTE (jonny s @ 12 May 2004, 13:46)They are great club cars. Strong little buggers. The in line set up is a shame as you say they just don`t compete against the sidewinders. Can swap the chassis though to add variety?
Not with the sidewinder Taurus if that is what you mean. I've an inline Taurus and Pontiac and it looks like they will swop chassis between themselves but the mounting post points are different on the newer cars.

Coop

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
We had these cars on display at Jonny's event (on the NSCC stand).

They are in-line (the same spec as the Bash and Crash Cars).

I would agree they will not be as fast as the sidewinders.

Hornby did say that they will be issuing some more sidewinders in the near future.

Gareth
NSCC

PS - moped - didn't you take some pics? - i did, but i still can't post!

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Cheers coop and Gareth. I heard that the new NASCARS will be sidewinders?

Cannot swop then
But can paint camoflage

1 - 7 of 7 Posts