SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Hi everybody,

again I made an Aston Martin DB 4 GTZ. This time a street car was covered. I tried to catch the spirit of 37PH. Comparing to the racing version 37PH has no rear fender flares, additonal lamps but a small chrome trim over the side vent. A worked a lot on the stance of the car, as it should not look to agressive and not so odd like the real thing,-))). Hope you´ll enjoy it.

Best regards
Pit

I feel that my digicam is cheating me with the colour, in the flesh the model matches the actual car´ s colour much better.

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
What did you start off with? kit, or how did you make the body?

Stunning by the way.

·
Jan Groosmuller
834 Posts
Bloody awesome, even in 1/24...

Only point of criticism could be that you didn't put a chrome surrounding around the headlamp covers, but other than that it's a beauty.

Did I say I like?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi everybody again,

thank you very much for your interest and comments.

To your questions: the source was an old 1/24 discontinued resin kit by myself. The varnish is sanded and polished to a structur free appearance by hand (takes around 6 hours) The car is a bit less glossy as visible on the pics. The mesh is from a hardware store, the smallest available quality. The spoked wheels are handmade by a friend of mine and are no trade item.
The missing chrome trim around the headlamp covers is a general shortcoming of all cars from this area. Until today, I found no method to realize this in a really good looking way. Would like to have stuff like bare metal, but flexible.

Best regards
Pit

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
Pit,
Would it be possible to have a photo of a line up of your recent 1/24 cars, the Healeys and the Astons etc... just as an experiment to see whether or not seeing them all together causes one's eyeballs to explode.

Cheers,
Tom.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
@ Tom: you can visit my website www.phoenixracecars.de or become my facebook friend, there´´s a galery of only my latest cars.
@ Phil: wow! Would be a mess to find the right shape.

Best regards
Pit

·
Registered
305 Posts
Easiest for tracing is thin masking tape and a pencil. Not too soft maybe 2B or harder.

What about using very thin solder? You can flatten it using i.e. a vice, it's easy to bend and shiny silver.
There is a little clamp where you can hide the ends.
Still a thrill to attach, but hey, if there is someone able to, it's you

·
Jan Groosmuller
834 Posts
I use self-adhesive aluminium tape (the kind you use for roofs).
If you cut the strips thin enough you can easily bend them, I just tried and took a piccie of a test...

The cut-off strip is about 1 mm wide.

Maybe this helps

Jan

·
Registered
305 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts