SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car

I am not sure if this qualifies as a scratchbuild but a fair amount of work has gone into this.
Carrera DB3, yellow stripe polished off, cockpit rebuilt to clear the chassis which is an Amato with Slot it running gear and Pendle wheels.
The model is finished to depict the car entered in 1951 Dundrod Tourist Trophy driven by Lance Macklin. The car ultimately retired due to loss of oil from the magnesium - alloy sump.
Thanks for looking
Eric

·
Registered
732 Posts
I am not sure if this qualifies as a scratchbuild but a fair amount of work has gone into this.
En mi opinión si es S&B, aunque separamos hacer un coche desde cero (desde la nada).
Supongo que scratch & building, al ser una palabra anglosajona, aquí la hemos traducido como algo parecido a "hazlo tu mismo" y en el mundo del slot lo aplicamos a cualquier cosa que hagas a un coche, aunque sea una pequeña modificación de un coche comercial.
Pero ya sabemos que a menudo queremos hacer algo "sencillo" y nos metemos en un berenjenal (expresión coloquial = meterse en el barro), lo que nos lleva a dedicar una gran cantidad de trabajo.

In my opinion if it is S&B, although we separate making a car from scratch (make the car from zero > from nowhere)
I suppose that scratch & building, being an Anglo-Saxon word, here we have translated it as something similar to "do it yourself" and in the slot world we apply it to anything you do to a car, even if it is a small modification of a car commercial.

But we already know that we often want to do something "simple" and we get into a mess (colloquial expression = get into the mud), which leads us to dedicate a great deal of work.

Frederic

·
ParrotGod
9,313 Posts
Very nice model. I enjoy these rebuilds of toy cars in to proper slotcars.
The only thing that I find a bit of is the front grill: the elements that form the grid are too thick in the model when compared to the real car.
But I really do not how to improve on that. Maybe a photoetched part or a 3dp resin part could help here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts