21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
this is how the whites come out

just a tad darker than pure white due to the body

colour , black.

given the thickness of the decal itself its pretty good.

pattos give better whites but are much thicker.

Attachments

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,588 Posts
Hello Pete,

Thanks for the further feedback on this. I find that red is the worst base for white decals - they appear pink-ish.

Nice job on that Sonax livery, the black/white border interface is sharp.

Leo

·
ParrotGod
7,809 Posts
Today I got my sets of decals. The quality is really good. The resolution is very high and the colours are very dense.

The only downside is the strong smell of nicotine: maybe I should not have ordered those camels decals. ;-)

Funny thing is that the BA packages that I get from Spain also smell like nicotine.

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
I got my decals last week, smoke free I'm pleased to say. I agree with others that the quality is very good, my only comment is that the Benetton set I have has the wrong shade of green for the livery that the team used back then. As it is to fit on the generic F1 car anyway rather than an accurate Benetton I can live with this slight mistake.

David

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Grunz

Having given up smoking my pipe three weeks ago, I envy your nasal experience with your new decals. Perhaps I should order some.

On the other hand, maybe not.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I ordered a sheet in mid-May. The tracking hasn't updated since June 14th. End of June I sent an e-mail asking them to chase it up and got a reply "I am investigating". 10 day later I e-mailed again asking them to either send another sheet or refund me. I have had no response. Looks like £18 down the toilet. :( I'm unlikely to buy from them again, even if this sheet does finally arrive. I'll stick with Patto & Rallye Minitures.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I just posted the A71 Flying Lizard which have the Atalaya decals on them, nice decals, easy to use, they dont break even with softener applied. I used automotive varnish (Axalta wich is like Ppg) with high solvent grade (with lots of fear of disolving the decals) and nothing bad happened, thus I believe they are pretty good.

Highly advise to buy them in bulk(club order), so that the price will keep as close as the website shows. Mine cost me about usd$11 including h&s and that was thanks to the bulk buy order.

Cheers

Cheers

·
Premium Member
5,397 Posts
Like most decal suppliers they do not state what manufacturer's cars the decals will fit.
This annoys me, too. When the seller also lists their own body shells you have to be cautious! 😡

Not indicating the intended model makes me extra nervous when window-shopping. MTR do show photos of the decals on models and, sometimes, state the base brand - not always on the listing you buy from but in their Gallery. Which is nice.

But that's tough, Stu. I'm on the cusp of picking up a set from Atalaya to sample them so your tale will just be an added nervousness.🙄

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Today I got my sets of decals. The quality is really good. The resolution is very high and the colours are very dense.
The only downside is the strong smell of nicotine: maybe I should not have ordered those camels decals. ;-)
Funny thing is that the BA packages that I get from Spain also smell like nicotine.
Well they're enthusiasts of the cigars, red wine and prosciutto hehehe.

Ok bad joke, Im gone.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Grunz

Having given up smoking my pipe three weeks ago, I envy your nasal experience with your new decals. Perhaps I should order some.

On the other hand, maybe not.
There's a cuban type but mexican Brand cigar by the name of "Te Amo", the cigars come in an aluminium tube(which bet you can use in a S&B proyect later), the cigar is wrapped in a thin cedar foil that keeps the essence of the tobacco for many many time. Then again maybe its like torture yourself when in need of a good cigar :(

Cheers

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Still no response from Atalaya.
grump.gif
Most unhappy with their lack of customer service. I've got a model here that has been painted and waiting for livery for over 3 months.

·
Slot Car Racer and Builder
1,721 Posts
25 euro to post a sheet of paper down under - I don't think so.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
25 euro to post a sheet of paper down under - I don't think so.
Guys again... "Do it on a club order", that's the way to go if you want to save some money.

Im sure they'll do a discount if you put a big order, plus you may get a VAT discount, plus maybe the shipping is free or reduced, plus maybe the head director of the club can negotiate another benefits.

Since in my country there aren't to many shops, we hardcore slot fans need to learn how to save some money, otherwise I would be paying +100usd for each Nsr!

Sometimes I do pay for the delicatessen, but thats another story.

Cheers

·
ParrotGod
7,809 Posts
I have made an order some time ago when we were in full lockdown and to send 10 sheets of decals was 15 euros. I am not sure why they have increased to 25 euros.

They have been very responsive in the past I am not sure why you are not getting anything from them.

I would like to put another oder in but I am a bit reluctant now.

·
Premium Member
2,000 Posts
For what it worth guys, here's my experience, I've placed 4 separate orders in the last 2 months, shipping to the UK has cost 12 or 14 euros. They have used UPS as courier and the last 3 have taken only a few days to arrive, all fully trackable during their journey over here. I registered with them so have full visibility of my orders in my account it shows the timeline of order placed to dispatch to delivered.

Dave

·
ParrotGod
7,809 Posts
Thanks Dave. Your experience is reassuring.

Reactions: DaveLat

·
Slot Car Racer and Builder
1,721 Posts
I have made an order some time ago when we were in full lockdown and to send 10 sheets of decals was 15 euros. I am not sure why they have increased to 25 euros.

They have been very responsive in the past I am not sure why you are not getting anything from them.

I would like to put another oder in but I am a bit reluctant now.
I messaged them and they said no normal mail service so they have to post by courier. They also aren't posting to Australia. It was 25 euro to NZ

The chap said that he could now send to NZ for 10 euro or post to UK for 12 Euro (how does that work)

Not sure I want to spend $40 for a sheet of decals.

They resonded to emails promptly

Perhaps if there is a group of people from Oz wanting to order then we could combine and split the postage.

cheers

DM

Reactions: GRUNZ

·
ParrotGod
7,809 Posts
it still say 25 euro in my basket to post to NZ. I will write to them to see what is going on.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts