SlotForum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Dave Kennedy
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to see pix of the Atlas Porsche 904 if anyone has them.

thanks in advance
Dave K

·
Dave Kennedy
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Were there any made in red?

DK

·
Premium Member
5,147 Posts
QUOTE (philsmith @ 12 Jan 2005, 16:26)The red ones were made by Faller in Germany.

I don't think that Atlas or Marusan(made in Japan) made them in red.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Phil is korrekt. Atlas made them in gray, white, blue. Faller made them in red, green and white. In fact, these two companies actually purchased the bodies in bulk from Marusan in Jah-Pan and merely packaged them.

Dokk Pea
Slot Kar Proktologist

·
Registered
361 Posts
I paid extra for the colour...feels a bit stupid now. Anyway, it looks great and the condition seems perfect. It would be great if this was a rare red Atlas, but I'm afraid someone simply used a Faller body + Atlas kit. I don't suppose there were any telltale differences between Atlas & Faller, like different chassis mounts on the body??

·
Registered
368 Posts
QUOTE (pertti jarla @ 10 Aug 2013, 09:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm afraid someone simply used a Faller body + Atlas kit.
Why would anybody do that, and also use Atlas decals? Deliberate forging back in the day seems a bit far fetched...

QUOTE (pertti jarla @ 10 Aug 2013, 09:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I don't suppose there were any telltale differences between Atlas & Faller, like different chassis mounts on the body??
Hardly, as the bodies were sourced from the same manufacturer, Marusan (who apparently DID make them in red...
)

BTW, if any concerns about originality, why don't ask the ebay seller about the car's antecedentia?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Well, if it IS original, I would be more than happy. The seller didn't claim it to be authentic, so I don't blame him for anything even if it was Faller. I think I'll ask, yes.

I wasn't really thinking about forging, just that the builder may have preferred red and ended up using a Faller body with the hotter Atlas mechanics.

Ah ha! In slot car talk forum Philippe (De Lespinay?) lists a red Atlas Porsche. That would be cool...

·
Slot King
2,608 Posts
I think it is an original Atlas, I got 2 in a job lot coming from the US a while back.
The Faller one I have got has a slightly different engine cover.

Not convinced they are that rare (I bought mine to repaint, perhaps I best not!)

Joel

·
Registered
361 Posts
Thank you all for the information. The seller also informed me that the red Porsche is from a man who collected and built original slot cars. Now I can race it in vintage slot races with good conscience.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Marusan also supplied the 904 body in red to the New Zealand company RSL. I have one, though sadly it has the FT16 motor and alloy chassis, not the open-frame motor.
Rob J

1 - 14 of 14 Posts