SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
I am very happy to see you will soon be releasing the Ford Torino in 2 liveries.. the #98 and the #17. I think these Fords will be a great addition and make great running mates for your Mopar line up..

However.. PLEASE, PLEASE consider tooling this car as well.. it is as well known (if not more well known) than many of the vintage NASCAR race cars you have already produced.. I would LOVE to be able to add this Mercury to my collection!

David Pearson drove this paint and body scheme for the 1970, 71 and part of the 72 season..

3 time series champion
105 NASCAR cup wins
Won 18% of every cup race he ever entered (that's better then Petty)

There are other liveries that could be used on this body as well

Darrell Waltrip:

Wendell Scott: (Only African American in early NASCAR)

James Hylton:

and others~

Just food for thought..please consider it.

·
Registered
420 Posts
ooo yes yes yes, I really am a sucker for the Mercury....

But I prefer the Mercury Cougar from 1967... ahem... (XR7 anyone?)
well most any between '66 to '69 would be acceptable as well me thinks.... eh.

oh - and a version as convertible please. (red with white convertible and ski-holder at the back...).

//peter

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
QUOTE (red with white convertible and ski-holder at the back...).

That'll be the one from "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" a top film if you ignore the hypnotism bit/plot, best Bond theme too.

Regarding the Nascar. Got to agree, these cars have grown on me - was't a massive fan of Carrera. However these cars, are great fun to drive and now wouldn't have them any different...

Well ok I would, better quality tampo/paint finish, more detail and less toy like appearance...

Just messin.

Great diecast by the way (first pic).

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
For me they just have a lot more character than the modern cars
Close racing is on offer as a one make class I reckon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts