SlotForum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently visit the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Museum in Auburn, Indiana and thought I would share pictures with those interested. Fabulous building and of course the machines are not too bad either!!! Here is but one-the rest on the link below

Auburn Cord Duesenberg Museum

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Thanks for these pics...really amazing vehicles. I've seen them too...Petersen's and Harrah's museums among others...really astonishing in real life. They're huge, yet delicate...sort of heavy, but equally powerful. Majestic. I personally prefer the light, quick sports car of the 50's...but noone can deny the magic these early monsters projected (!)

thanks,
John

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
Stunning cars. Will hopefully get to see something of the like at Melbourne Motor Classica this weekend. Yippeee. Yup, I don't get out much.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Towboater did you got to any of the other museums while you were in Auburn? The NATMUS Museum behind the ACD Museum has some interesting stuff in it, like a slotcar display.
The WWII Museum has military vehicles on one side and star cars on the other side. You were 30 minutes from my home. Ken

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I made it to NATMUS but not the military. I was traveling the Lincoln Hiway for four weeks in a SMART car with my sister. I did manage to make it to the Classic Car Museum in Canton, Ohio. We went from the Eastern edge of Pennsylvania to North Platte, Nebraska. Next year we will take my SMART car and go West to East.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Towboater if you were on the old Lincoln highway you drove past our club track and was 5 minutes from my home when you went through Fort Wayne. I have been on a few of the sections of that old road and the ones in PA are very beautiful going through the mountains. A SMART car though? You must really like your sister. Ken

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Classic Car Museum in Canton, Ohio is an odd personal collection of cars and the stuff his wife collected over the years. You will see it everywhere in the background, foreground and everywhere. There are however some interesting cars from times gone by--for any interested here is a link:
CLASSIC CAR MUSEUM Canton Ohio-my pictures

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts