Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Just received my first dslot43 car by Kyosho today. An Audi R8...very modern for me!!
The car comes in a lovely display box & at only £19 I think it`s a real bargain. Exterior detailing is very good for 1/43 scale. None of my old Jouef cars have any interior detailing, so the fact that this cars windows are darkened doesn`t bother me.
I first tried the car on my old 1/40 Jouef layout.
The car sat well on the track with all four wheels touching the ground perfectly.
The car performed flawlessly , with no setting up being necessary. You`d think that these cars were designed specifically for Jouef track!
I also tried the car out on my Classic Scalextric layout, & again the car was brilliant.
I`m now looking forward to receiving the Porsche 917k & Porsche 962 from dslot43.co.uk
Cheers,
Kev.

On the Scalextric layout.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Running really well without any modifications?

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ran them straight out of the box with absolutely no modifications Michael.
Cheers
Kev

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ok, it must be running well paying around €30.

I had the chance to test a Kyosho on a wood track. The modifications to run on it made one more €30. You will keep just the body from original parts.
I think, it's too expensive. But - the car was driving like hell.

In fact it's not for my interrest but have fun with Kyosho cars.

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The car was used on my two vintage layouts & it`s performance was excellent.

I`d love to see what slot cars you`re using if you think 30 Euro is expensive.

Kev

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
Ok. Just had to play that twice to make sure I really did hear a grown man say "Wheeeeeee!" down the long straight. Punts around that track jolly nicely I'd say.

I can see so much potential in 1/43 scale. How the hell did they manage to pick 1/32 as a standard anyway?

Kev, not sure the Audi suits you.

Embs

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
QUOTE (loosesalute @ 5 May 2012, 21:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The car comes in a lovely display box & at only £19 I think it`s a real bargain. Exterior detailing is very good for 1/43 scale.
Kev, a snip at £1021.59 - Is Wearside classified as international now ... or have you won the lottery?

Nice clear website but I think they have a little programming problem.

Cheers
Chris

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did you buy two then Chris???

Yeah, a bit modern for me Ember, but there`s a lot of cars in the pipeline from dslot & I think it might be nice to collect them from the start.
Cheers
Kev.

·
Registered
55 Posts
ZITAT(loosesalute @ 6 May 2012, 00:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The car was used on my two vintage layouts & it`s performance was excellent.
With or without magnet?

ZITAT(loosesalute @ 6 May 2012, 00:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I`d love to see what slot cars you`re using if you think 30 Euro is expensive.

Kev
Stopping to buy the (expensive
) GO!!!'s and scratching now resine bodies or plastic kits with chassis made out of a pcb. May cost €30 or more.

PLease do not misunderstand me: I just can speak for myself and the sense was friendly. A slotter who likes Kyosho or similar cars should buy and have fun with it. Please let us stop this discussion. It makes no sense to go ahead.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
QUOTE (mudchukka @ 5 May 2012, 23:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>This was a standard Kyosho car with just the tyres trued on a wooden track.

Mudchukka

Chukka, Not my intention to Negative, because I have 9 of these already, but I have seen this video a few times and it's is very misleading to show the D-slots motoring blissfully along this track, because although it looks great, there are a few things to consider which make it rather misleading about how these cars run on a routed track. First the track is made for at least 1/32 scale and maybe even 1/24 scale which means for a 1/43 scale car it might as well be one huge straight away! Second it's a WIDE track, running in a middle lane which combined with the scale issue above translates to no tight radius curves as one would find on a purpose built 1/43 routed track.

I realize that 95% of the people who will be buying these will be running on Sectional (magnetic) or a larger scale routed track (at least initially), but video of them running out of the box on a purpose built 1/43 routed track might be more representative!

I hope to have my track back up shortly and when that happens I will post some vids.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts