SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

as some here, i have a lot of very great projet... (Etype, with fonctional engine door, Cobra too...) but as some here too, i don't have enough time to make everything! that's why i was fed up with big project where you can't race until the end and the end don't come so i would like to make quickly a scrath which can race !

I have to say thanks to "Philipe" (Mondialtec in France : philipe is the one who build the Mondiaslot models -> have a look) who help me with the choice and the configuration of the scratch !

You can read the full story on my site here : Full story

the kit is an Easykit Revel :

The chassi is a slot It, the transmition and axis too, the tyres and wheels are ninco's, the inside comes fron the easykit, the pilot is made in resin, it's the top part of a fly one and the belts (ceinture - harnay in french) are made home

here are some pictures: you can see the final result...

and when fly and others girls comes...

tell me what you think about it

i'm looking for working brakes light : do you have the electrical draw?
Elicend

·
Julius Wilkko
935 Posts
Hi elicend !

Easy kits are really great way to build your own car. Nice job. Especially liked that you had put an effort to detailing and painting the interior.
Looks very nice. I´ve built carbon chassis Opel and MB to compete with the carbon Audi. I like original Revell wheels since they give less grip and thus more realistic scale speed.

And here´s a super simple brake light circuit for you. Costs just cents to build and works very well. Can be built into quite small size as well.

"kirkkaus" = brightness, I´m using 68R resistor.
Diode 1N4007 can be replaced with just about any diode, 1N4148 ok.
Regulator can be ackquired in quite small TO92 package, 5V regulator works well.
This diagram wastes some power while on, but not much.
Just one brake LED drawn, add another parallel to first one, bright low-current.
You can adjust brake light duration to your taste with capacitor.

Here´s one that I´ve built. Cap is 1000uF/6,3V.

Happy soldering!

Regards

Julius

·
Registered
198 Posts
Elicend,

The car looks great, very good work. I was personally disappointed with the Ninco Audi TT as it just looked way too plasticy. I sure am getting picky these days

pupkick

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for you comments, and for the electrical draw, i'm going to find the element and try this

i sure it can be put in the audi!

elicend

·
Julius Wilkko
935 Posts
Hi, elicend!

Please keep posting how it goes.

I calculated price estimate for this simple brake light circuit - just for fun of it. Parts are acquired from Farnell components, which is relatively expensive supplier.

Component - Farnellcode - UnitPrice/min amount bought for this price
Regulator LM78L05ACZ - 412430 - 0.27euro/10pcs
Resistor 68R/0.25W - 509024 - 0.021euro/50pcs
Capacitor 1000uF/6.3V - 3198662 - 0.29euro/5pcs
Diode 1N4148 - 368106 - 0.016euro/100pcs
Led, ultrabright RED - 3255566 - 0.23euro/1pcs

Cost of adding this brake light circuit to one car is 1.057euro (£0.72)

Note that this figure does not include taxes. Note also that Farnell does not deliver to individual people, you have to have a business or company. But if you get the parts from your local electronics store, I´m sure that prices are about the same.

If you are into F1 racing you might be interested in flashing red rear light. You can get LED for this purpose. This is special flashing led, while power connected it automatically flashes with rate 1.5 - 2Hz (2Hz = 2times/second). Costs just 0.5euro. Commercial circuit for this purpose costs about 6euros.

Well, maybe I´m a cheapskate, but if I want to add full lighting to 10 of my best cars I can easily save price of 5 cars by soldering my lighting from basic components.

Hope this info is useful to someone, hidden in DTM-Audi thread !

Julius

·
Registered
715 Posts
HA hA!!

Lordjw, I did find it useful. I have snagged the photos and the text in hopes of working my own magic on my cars.

I love what you both did with those Revell cars!! Awesome!!

-Maltese

·
Julius Wilkko
935 Posts
Thanks, Maltese for your kind words. My apologies to elicend for hijacking this thread. I´ll shut up now,
back to that beautiful yellow TT that elicend has built...

Julius

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for the price list lord

do you think i'll be abble to find them in Conrad ?

i'm going t o look for them in there website

well, yesterday, i was running with the TT in mondialtec trac (30m) in 10,25s
today i was runing a ninco mercedes CLK DTM with NC2, without magnet, prepared... i wasn't abble to go under 10,88 !!!! the TT is half a second better!! and i was said that a blue one (philippe's one !) prepared, without magnet runs in 9,90 !

Terrifiant!

elicend.

·
Julius Wilkko
935 Posts
Hi, elicend!

I would recommend to try the following components from Conrad:

063948-C1 Diode 1N4148(10 diodes per pack) 0.40eur
418110-C1 Resistor 68R/0.6W 0.26eur/piece if 10 bought
183024-C1 Regulator 78L05 TO92case 0.38eur/piece if 10 bought
184151-C2 LED Super-Red 0.77eur/piece if 10 bought
185299-C2 LED Red 0.21eur/piece if 10 bought
468126-C1 Capacitor 1000uF/16V 10.5x21mm 0.57eur/piece if 10 bought
472395-C1 Capacitor 1000uF/16V 10x20mm 0.43eur/piece if 10 bought

There´s couple of alternative components on the list, choice is yours.
Rule with the LEDs is: the more mcd´s (millicandelas) LED has the better it is !

I´m used to having more wide selection of components since designing electronics is my job. Still I think these should do just fine. Biggest drawback is that Conrad does not have very small 1000uF capacitor in their selection. It´s the voltage rating of 16V that increases size of this component. In brakelight circuit voltage rating of 6.3Volts is adequate. . . Oh, I see everybody has fallen asleep by now
so I´ll just stop this technical jargon and wish everybody sweet dreams and happy soldering.

Julius

PS.
Nice to hear that you have fast TT, mine is quite slow.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks a lot!!!

i'm not sleeping, i have to save all you advises!!

i think i'm going to make acommand this WE

i don't understant anything in electronic, i made a small draw for my counting soft (visual basic) it takes me more than 3 months to understand a very small one

but i don't give up !!
elicend

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i finally decided to get off the magnet and to add a Ninco guide

that seems very well

·
Julius Wilkko
935 Posts
Hi!

I was asked to clarify my brakelight circuit diagram so here´s a new drawing that hopefully is more understandable.

While I was at it, took a picture of regulator pinout as well

Hope this makes more sense now

Julius

·
Julius Wilkko
935 Posts
Hi!

Pictures are coming from Photobucket. Every now and then they have some issues. Maybe I should make a donation to help them out a little bit.

Julius

·
Registered
339 Posts
I don't know. Sometimes images that are on my own server are there one day and then a day or two later I see the dreaded "user posted image" appear.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Amazing !!!

it's working !
i bought conrad composant, i made like the handmade draw, and it is WORKING!

lots of thanks !!!!
have a look :

the only no working thing is the first diode : i put the same like near the leds, but in this configuration, it doesn't work... without it's ok!

i'm going to make it cleaner than now, and the Audi will light the track !!

thanks a lot one more time!
i've got a question for another electronical project, where can i post it ? scratch? it's about an electrical Turbo !

elicend.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE anychance it's a cap to the controller?

i don't understand ?

·
Julius Wilkko
935 Posts
Hi !

Elicend, it´s nice that you´ve got it working.
Reminding that the brighter the LED the better the result. In future you can consult Conrad to find a LED that gives you the maximum amount of light per mA. Those high brightness LEDs are more expensive but the result is better. As for a protection diode, you can try it the other way round or another diode.

Just noticed that there really aren´t a dedicated forum at SF for these kinds of electrical projects. You could put it into ´Building and Scratch´ or ´Master Classes´.

Can it be that Inte means Cap installed to controller. This capacitor filters power for a car. My guess is that you´re thinking something more complicated .. .. but waiting for the question. . .

Julius

1 - 20 of 23 Posts