SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you noticed the AutoWorld screw guide in one? I found a use for them!

A quick reversible method to make Aurora Screechers much more fun to drive. Take the AutoWorld screw pin and replace the front screw on the Screecher.
Automotive design Vehicle Automotive exterior Toy Automotive wheel system

Motor vehicle Toy Circuit component Hood Rectangle

P.S. Not sure why Aurora named these cars after Tjets that need oil!? First rule of marketing: pick an appealing name.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Have you noticed the AutoWorld screw guide in one? I found a use for them!

A quick reversible method to make Aurora Screechers much more fun to drive. Take the AutoWorld screw pin and replace the front screw on the Screecher.
View attachment 308860

View attachment 308861

P.S. Not sure why Aurora named these cars after Tjets that need oil!? First rule of marketing: pick an appealing name.
Where can you buy those screw-in guide pins? I got one AW car that came with that but I could not find only the pins for sale.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I buy replacement OS3 Lightning Rods (For T-Jets and Similar Chassis) and put them into my 2 AW cars than came with those screw pins. So I had them extra. Slot Car Central sells those aka Magna-Steer cars rather cheaply. So fun to monkey with.

·
Registered
860 Posts
"Not sure why Aurora named these cars after Tjets that need oil!? First rule of marketing: pick an appealing name."--CBwho?

After a 30+ year career in business, let me 'splain how it works:

~~"Marketing" comes up with a corny, ridiculous, or otherwise unappealing slogan, and follows it up with an expensive ad campaign that doubles down on the lunacy. Of course, this is for a flawed, overpriced, out of date, white elephant of a product that was behind schedule to begin with.

~~If the product happens to take off in spite of their flounderings, marketing takes 100% of the credit.

~~If it does poorly, marketing snidely blames the sales department.

I think they teach them all that in college. Guess which department I was in?

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Leave it to marketing to look at an Argintine weapon called a Bolas. Change the name to "Clackers'. Then sell them to kids as toys. I'm certain nothing will go wrong... right? I'm amazed we lived through it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
From what I've read, the first version without pin was not very drivable. Some little magnets inside the shoes were supposed to keep the car on the track, but apparently didn't work very well, so they just made a newer version with a guide pin, no magnet inside the shoes and a fixed non-pivotong front. I bought the bare chassis, no idea what bodies it was used in.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@Glock24, instead of weights, you need the magnets back in the shoes!! By eliminating the pivot and magnets, they forgot the reason for the initial design...

When you mentioned your car deslots easily, that confused me. Because mine with the AW pin and magnets in the shoes drives very nice and fun with drift action (on 8v, since they are low voltage cars). The only issue I notice is on tight 6 inch curves, they can be a bit spotty since the pin location relative to the pickups isn't ideal but it's easy enough to drive past it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts