SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Martyn
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All.

I used to own an Austin Healy 3000 made by Scalexric circa 1965-1966. It was a fantastic little car, and considering the age of it. it stuck to the track like glue, even in the early 1970;s when I put into the track a humped back bridge and skid chicane it made no difference. I even raced against two Revell cars on a Revell track and they still stood no chance.

So to my question what is the difference between the scaley 3000 and the Pink Kar version of the same model. I am guessing that Pink Kar use a can motor and not the SX Motor and a better paddle type guide instead of the pin guide which would be a definite improvement.

Any comments, or thoughts, information would be great.

Athrlyth

·
Premium Member
8,228 Posts
Hi Athrlyth.
Except for the driver heads, the Scaley & Pink-kar versions look identical on the outside.

(No.1 Pink-kar, No.6 Scaley.)

They both have the same guide. The main difference being that the Scaley car has the RX motor fitted & the Pink-kar Healey has the HO type motor, which looks similar to the Scaley (1990s)Fiesta motor.
In my opinion both go great & handle well.
The Pink-kar version is a fair bit cheaper to buy than a very good boxed Scaley example, & is just as much fun!
Cheers
Kev

·
Martyn
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brilliant Kev, and thank you so much for the information. Can I ask is the guide the pin type or the paddle type.

Pin type 1960's, Paddle type 1980;s(Guessed) onwards.

Thank you again Kev the pictures are great as well.

Athrlyth

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.