SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Jim Moyes
5,219 Posts
Jonny, what would you say was the problem with them? I know they have a deslotting tendency but is there more than that? They are supposed to be fitting a deeper guide. I tried fitting an SCX one but it won't quite line up with the sprung chassis contacts and it will also spin round 360 degrees (J-turns anyone?). It's just that on the face of it they are nicely detailed models and I'm fairly sure they're one of the lowest price ranges available.

Are AutoArt a Japanese company? I remember Truescale saying he had been to Japan advising on slot car manufacture. Hope he made it clear that slot cars MUST have drivers.

They also , like Revell, seem keen to get into slot cars in a big way if what they had on show at Toyfair is anything to go by. Lots of new cars in 1/32 and some in 1/24 as well as R/C versions in both scales.

If manufacturing in general is anything to go by the Japanese will do it better and cheaper.

Mr.M

·
Jim Moyes
5,219 Posts
QUOTE (moped rider @ 11 Feb 2004, 09:32 AM)On the other hand Italians will probably go for it as they do tend to be extremely partisan.
Eh????

Explain, please. I'm a bit slow this morning!

Mr.M

·
Jim Moyes
5,219 Posts
Thank you for the info, guys.

So from this we can deduce that this is not the company Truescale was talking to about slot cars.

So the Japanese could still be along shortly.

The main reason I considered it may be AutoArt was the high proportion of Jap cars in their line up.

Mr.M(I can wait.....I know how to wait)

·
Jim Moyes
5,219 Posts
Let's hope so Biberle!

If somebody of that ilk joins the fray I feel we will see what slot cars can be and at a sensible price too!

Tamiya, particularly, already have a considerable presence in many aspects of the modelling world. Slots would seem to be a natural development, and ,of course, they have some history there too!

Mr.M

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.