SlotForum banner

Autoart planned releases

3K views 26 replies 14 participants last post by  peter 
#1 ·
Rumour has it that the (teething?) problems with distribution in the UK are to be sorted - below are preliminary release dates in the UK - with some initial delay obviously. This is all preliminary information though - will see if this information can be verified. Anyway the list is as follows:

AUTOART SLOT CARS
aut13006 Subaru Impreza WRC 2003 Solberg / Mills - Monte Carlo With Lights apr
aut13007 Subaru Impreza WRC 2003 Makinen / Lindstrom - Monte Carlo With Lights apr
aut13021 Lamborghini Murcielago Met. Yellow apr
aut13022 Lamborghini Murcielago Met. Orange apr
aut13023 Lamborghini Murcielago Met. Green apr
aut13031 Mazda RX-8 Yellow With Working Lights may
aut13032 Mazda RX-8 Red With Working H/Lights may
aut13041 Nissan Fairlady Z Silver With Lights may
aut13042 Nissan Fairlady Z Orange With Lights may
aut13051 Citroen Xsara WRC 2002 Loeb/Elena Winner German Rally With Lights may
aut13061 Porsche 911 Turbo (996) Red jul
aut13062 Porsche 911 Turbo (996) Silver jul
aut13066 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 (996) Red jul
aut13067 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 (996) Silver jul
aut13071 Porsche 911 Turbo GT3 (996) Red jul
aut13072 Porsche 911 Turbo GT3 (996) Yellow jul
aut13076 Porsche 911 Turbo GT3 (996) White jul
aut13151 Ford Focus RS WRC Sainz / Martin #4 Catalunya Rally 2002 jun
aut13152 Ford Focus RS WRC Mcrae / Grist #5 Monte Carlo Rally 2002 jun
aut13156 Ford Focus RS WRC Martin / Park #4 Monte Carlo Rally 2002 jun
aut13091 Lamborghini Countach 5000S Red new
aut13092 Lamborghini Countach 5000S White new
aut13111 Lamborghini Miura Orange With Lights jun
aut13112 Lamborghini Miura Yellow With Lights jun
aut13121 Lamborghini Diablo Roadster Red With Lights jul
aut13131 Lamborghini Diablo GTR Yellow With Lights jul
aut13132 Lamborghini Diablo GTR Orange With Lights jul
aut13141 Lamborghini Murcielago Concept Car (Barchetta) - Metallic Yellow may
aut13142 Lamborghini Murcielago Concept Car (Barchetta) - Metallic Orange may
aut13161 Lamborghini Gallardo Met. Yellow jun
aut13162 Lamborghini Gallardo Met. Orange jun
aut13181 Peugeot 206 WRC 2001 Auriol / Giraudet With Lights t.b.a.
aut13191 Peugeot 206 WRC 2002 Panazzi / Panazzi With Lights may
aut13192 Peugeot 206 WRC 2002 Gronholm / Rautiainen #2 With Lights may
aut13201 Peugeot 206 WRC 2003 Gronholm / Rautiainen #1 With Lights may
aut13202 Peugeot 206 WRC 2003 Burns / Reid #2 Monte Carlo Rally With Lights may

//peter

See less See more
#6 ·
Yep!

Nice cars coming from AutoArt. I'm slightly disappointed that some of the cars apparently come without driver figure.

Julius

#8 ·
QUOTE (lordjw @ 6 May 2004, 08:27)I'm slightly disappointed that some of the cars apparently come without driver figure.

That's a big turn off for me, too, and possibly why Proteus have never enjoyed any of my cash. I know, I know, they fitted a driver after their first release but first impressions and all that!

I must confess to owning one pilotless slot car, the black Reprotec Cobra, but I distinctly remember the disappointment felt after the original euphoria when told, at my local emporium, that Reprotec had brought out another Cobra.

So don't do it AutoArt! (And don't do it again Reprotec)

Mr.M

#10 ·
Hi!

It's confirmed that Yellow Murcielago does not have a driver. See:

http://www.homeracingworld.com/aalambo.htm

Browsed pictures at Pendle and Mazda, Countach, Murcielago, Miura and Nissan were missing driver figures. We can only hope that Pendle has pictures of pre-production models.

Julius

#12 ·
Well,

Depends on your modelling skills. Personally I hate to dismantle a new car to add a piece that should have been there in the first place. Really nice job AutoArt!.

See the following discussion about possible options for the driver figure:

http://pendleslotracing.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=249

Julius

#13 ·
ouch - did not notice they came without drivers - ah well - good that I bought myself a couple of those female drivers from fly... might be gorgeus in the miura.....

//peter

#15 ·
QUOTE aut13006 Subaru Impreza WRC 2003 Solberg / Mills - Monte Carlo With Lights apr

Oooh, another Solberg Subaru!
Wouldn't be the same without Petter behind the wheel... But since the previous AutoArt rally cars seem to have drivers, I think this one will be added to my collection.

#17 ·
just saw the autoart scooby in a model shop, complete with 'driver and navigator'...

Having seen the appaling quality of these figures, which either replaced or obscured a detailed interior, I hope autoart release the other cars without drivers, so we can put decent ones in

#18 ·
Hi Astro, everybody

In my opinion even a goofy driver is better that no driver at all. I'm with Mr Material on this subject. I too had my eyes on metallic grey Proteus Heuliez Pregunta but chose not to buy it becouse there was no driver. Green Fly Chevrolet Corvette coupe was on nice offer earlier this year, but wouldn't buy that either becouse of no driver. I like the cars AutoArt is providing us 2004 but if the cars really are missing driver figures I will not buy them until they come to discount sale.

Here's how AutoArt driver problem can be solved. Thanks for Mattyracer for this wacky idea.

Correct if I'm wrong but seems to me the Legoman is giving finger to overtaken fellow drivers.

Julius

PS.
It's Proteus Lambo.

#19 ·
excellent Julius! and imho a more realistic driver than in the aa scooby

My 1st choice would be for a fullish (i dont really care if s/he has feet) driver of decent realism. But I would rather have a decent interior than aa's previous effort, which seemed slightly less impressive than late 1970s scalextric interior.

#20 ·
QUOTE (lordjw @ 10 May 2004, 05:42)Correct if I'm wrong but seems to me the Legoman is giving finger to overtaken fellow drivers.

Well it's a gesture but I'm not sure it's the finger... Looks very much like the one that woman in the BMW Mini gave me this morning when it was clearly my fault she decided to pull out onto a 60mpg A road into traffic without looking right.

On the subject of driver-less cars why it is the standard thing for plastic kit cars to come with no drivers? I've bought unpainted Fly Classic cars for my Hornby Mustang kit to Scalextric Mustang chassis conversions but I the only car kit I've ever seen with a driver is the Tamiya 1:24 BMW batmobile. Why is this? Do car modellers prefer to model their cars as static?

Coop

#24 ·
The autoart slotcars seem to finally have been priced for the UK (22:99 pounds at Time Tunnel model inclusive UK delivery) - now if only Autoart would actually start the delivery of them soon...

...even if the drivers are missing - for that price I can buy my own... and now I look forward to a couple of Lamborghini Miura...

http://www.goldstarstockists.com/scxsets/a...t-slot-cars.htm

//peter

#26 ·
Autoart have updated a few pictures on their site. Personally, wasn't sure about the Subaru nor the Mitsubishi, however the Peugeot 206 as well as the road cars, looks pretty tidy.

If the cars are going on sale for rrp £22.99, blimey...

argh decisions, decisions.

I can't take it anymore, too many nice cars...

James

P.S. i'm not really complaining.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.