SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's quite simple...

Do you guys have any AutoArt slotcars, and if yes... what do you think about them... mostly the driving part then...

I have an AutoArt Mitsu EVO7... and it looks stunning... (too bad it does'nt have any rear-mirrors though)... but it doesn't drive that well on my Ninco track... It's like the front of the car comes up and jumps out of the slot... And in corners the tyres seem to have loads of sideways grip on the rouhh suface... so it doesn't drift, but it roll's over most of the time...

Just for the info... we drive with magnets...

One of my friends has and AutoArt Scooby... which is also very beautifull... but drives even less on my track... it doesn't even hold the straight line...

So I thought about it and I'm going to remove the rear magnets, and put one little manget in the front... So the cars doesn't jump out of the slot all the time, and will be more fun to drive, because it will drift more because there is less downforce on the rear...

On the I don't find reviews of AutoArt car's either!!!

I like AutoArt cars a lot... I have quite a lot of them on scale 1:18... and the finishing is superb...

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So i managed it!!!

Last night I fitted a little magnet in the front of the car. I used the little extra magnet of the Carrera Ferrari Enzo. I put it in front of the motor and behind the wheels. I also removed the rear magnets.

I created a hole in the chassis that was exact as big as the magnet, and I fitted it right in!!! So now the magnet hangs just above the track!!!

I tested it immediately, and like I said... it drifts superb and it's also quite fast too, it's very fun to drive now!!!

G.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have a Subaru 4WD and on my Carrera track...straight line is fine but in almost any curve, regardless of speed, it deslots.

The problem as I see it is 2 both with the guide...
  • [1.] Blade is not deep enough.
    [2.] Blade is skinny meaning the thickness of the blade allows for a lot of side to side motion.
Now granted that Carrera is supposed to have the deeper and wider slot of any plastic track, but even on low profile tires the guide blade sits more shallow in the slot than any other car I own. I have not tried additional weight to the front yet and may soon.

I have emailed AA about it to see if I can get one of their newer blades that is deeper, but no reponse either way. Shame since the car is really nice.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Thanks for the info Brian. I wonder what the Countach guide will be like?
It would be nice to think that you could get a newer guide from AA, but you may end up having to buy one from the likes of Slot It, or use a Carrera one - I have no idea if they will be compatible or not.

Mark.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I drive the AutoArt EVO with a Scalextric guide...

It holds the curves much better...

G.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts