SlotForum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Progress is constant and more details have been added. Scaley Brits inhabit the track along with Lemax Christmas figures modified not to look seasonal and Hommies from the Walmart. The Brits were a bit snooty at first but have warmed to the other people. More buildings from Lemax have been added to the village along with a Texaco station. Pits are now expanded with the addition of two new old school Scaleys along with all the 1960's era Scaley stuff I picked up for a song a while ago. Fire engine courtesy of Revell and the Police car in the Snap tight kit now is a full runner with a slot.it chassis. Runs great when the cop's not eating donuts (miniature Tim Horton's not Krispy Kream, Canada, eh!) Lemax town square blocks make good pit and grandstand paving. Background photos on back straight of trees and main straight from Toronto Indy. All the lights work in pits, park along back straight, and gas station. Houses light up for Christmas. Have to figure out how to create light standards for night racing but that's another future project. Parma control, variable voltage 7 ohms QJE power, laptimer 2000, Radio shack sensors and Ikea lights.
Deer in the woods..look out! and more keeps coming. Its as much fun detailing as racing...well almost! The look is 1960's Scalextric with and eclectic twist..works for me. Enjoy!

Good day, eh!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Russell. I have often admired your work at your sight and through some of your other postings. I consider it an accolade to receive praise from a master model maker such as yourself.
The layout is entertaining and my 21 year old son and I get together and have great fun. The track record currently stands at 3.985 sec set by a Carrera Bently with slot.it gearing, wheels, magnet and rear axle, Ninco rear tires and scaley pickup..but it is just as much fun to run Scaley TransAms or Fly Classics from the 70's era. Ninco classics are a blast as well. I've built and tweaked MRRC's old Vanwall, Eagle, BRM and Ferrari 156. We turn down the voltage some and the racing is intense! It reminds me of how my stuff ran when I was a kid in the early sixties.
I've got to get Al, of BWA wheels to come by soon, as he is just up the road a bit. I've actually had a 4 year old driving the circuit well with a little less power and some coaching. SHE loved it. Couldn't stop laughing as she poped one of the people of the circuit by accident.
Friends will and do enjoy racing.

Good day, eh!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts