SlotForum banner
81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
First of all. Do I always have to ask for a new code when I open up the Slotit app?
Next question. Do I need Slotits app when I have nRF toolbox?

When I open nRF toolbox I push DFU.
Then comes up: DEFAULT DFU
APPLICATION
Filé name
Type
Scope
Size
Status Filé not loaded
SELECT FILÉ ?

DEVICE FIRMWARE UPDATE
UPLOAD

Now, what to do?

·
Greg Gaub
15,353 Posts
You only need a code from slot.it when signing in for the first time on a device, or if you choose to sign out. Once signed in, you can close and re-open the app a hundred times and never need another code.

You need the slot.it app to register/activate any chip with firmware that supports it. For example, I got some more Type-C chips. I was able to pair them with a controller just fine, but they had old (pre-App) firmware on them. When I updated to the latest firmware, I could no longer pair the chip. I had to register the chip in the slot.it app before it would let me do anything other than a forced DFU mode using the magnet trick. Once it has been registered on the app, it will let me pair it and race it. Or, I can install old firmware again.

Once you are on that screen, you need to choose the firmware and then connect to the car prior to uploading the firmware. You may need to use the magnet trick to get the chip into DFU mode. Sometimes just putting it over the SF line magnets isn't enough, and placing a magnet directly on the hall sensor will do the job.

I show the process of using the nordic app a few times in this demo video from when the type C chip first came out.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thankyou MrFlippant for clarifiing that I only need register once with the code.
Ok so I need the Slotit app to register the cars.
Problem nr1. I cant register. I get Device not found. all the time.
Next problem is when I go in to the Nordic app and see the screen I explained in previous
topic, the phone has "stalled". Nothing happens when I push the screen.

Maybe this whole thing is to complicated for me.

·
Greg Gaub
15,353 Posts
I went out to test prior to posting instructions, and there does seem to be something amiss with the firmware that it won't install using normal app or DFU mode. I had to put my car into forced DFU by sticking a magnet under the hall sensor (stuck right to the chassis under the sensor with some blu-tack). I was then able to use the nordic app to install the ATC firmware and then use the ATC car as described at the beginning of this thread.

You will probably need to install normal firmware using the Nordic app, then register the chip in the slot.it app, then install the ATC firmware using the nordic app.

It's important to note that the ATC firmware is still in beta, so oddities like this are not entirely unexpected.

The forum is not allowing me to post my instructions on doing all that, but I have it saved and will post it as soon as I can.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thankyou for trying to help me.
Now I will go back to my Iphone because whith this phone I can register the car.
I will do some more trying with the Nordic app and let you know later.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have made some progress.
I have four different mobile things to conect with internet.
Iphone, Ipad, Huawei tablet and my Samsung phone.

With the Huawei tablett (Android) it works best. Maybee its because its the last bought.
Only about a year old.

With the Slotit app I have Come thru this stages.

1. It finds the car and I push register, and get the messeage: The firmware in this chip
is obsolete. You can upgrade using the automatic update procedur. I confirm with ok.
2. Then I get nine different versions of download.
3. One of them has the letters ATC in it, and I chose that one and push confirm.
4. At the bottom of the screen I get the messeage: DFU started.
5. In just a second or two I get the messeage: Send it packet.
6. After that (a second or two) comes: Send firmware image.

So far so good but now I wait and wait. The circular thing which indicatets downloding, goes
on continously and never stops.
I thought I should get the messeage: Downlode completed.

How long is normal to wait? I think I was waiting at least two minutes.

·
ParrotGod
9,269 Posts
I am not 100% sure, but before putting the ATC firmware, install in the chip a standard oXigen firmware and complete the registration process.

Once you have done that (the chip is in the list of devices on the app and you can connect it to a controller), then install the ATC firmware.

·
ParrotGod
9,269 Posts
Is the chip registered then? if so, it should not give the message that the firmware is obsolete and need to be upgraded to be registered.

·
Registered
106 Posts
With NRF toolbox I push Select Device and it finds the car.
After that I push Upload but nothing happens.
If I am wrong to push Upload, then please give instructions what to do.

·
Greg Gaub
15,353 Posts
ARE YOU USING THE MAGNET STUCK TO THE SENSOR?

If so, then the device will appear as DFU O2 Car, not DFU C chip or something else.

I found that the car will go into "regular" DFU mode without the magnet, but this mode does not accept the ATC firmware.

However, if you stick a magnet to the hall sensor, so that the chip goes into "emergency" DFU mode, that it will accept the ATC firmware.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have tried the magnet trick now and it doesnt help.
How ever it reads DFU O2 car, both before the magnet trick and after.

Here comes a picture of the screen where I get stuck.
I push Select Device and it reacts and finds the car. After that, what to do? Gadget Font Technology Screenshot Rectangle

Attachments

·
ParrotGod
9,269 Posts
you need to download via the browser on your device the correct firmware from the slot.it website. Then, when you hit the select file you should point the application to the right zip file on your device.

81 - 100 of 118 Posts