SlotForum banner
101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Greg Gaub
15,353 Posts

·
Greg Gaub
15,353 Posts
Phase 1 and 2 are merely to get the chip registered so that it does not ignore attempts to program it to a controller. Phase 3 is to install the ATC firmware.

Before anything, though, you'll need to download the firmware from the slot.it web site to your phone.
This is for the latest regular firmware (Phase 1)
http://slot.it/Download/oXigen/Firmware/Latest/O201c-O2-0310-200224.zip

And this link should get you the latest ATC firmware (Phase 3)
http://www.slot.it/Download/oXigen/Firmware/AppFirmware/O201c-O2-0310b-200715-ATC.zip

Take note of where those files are stored when you download them. For most recent versions of Android I've used, they go into a "Downloads" folder on the internal memory. Sometimes there's a "Downloads" app you can use to confirm that, or a File Manager app of some kind.

Phase 1 - Installing current firmware so that we can register the chip.

1) Run the Nordic app
2) Tap "DFU"
3) Tap "Select File"
4) Then tap "OK", making sure "Distribution Packet (ZIP)" is the selected file type option.
5) Locate and tap the firmware O201c-O2-0310-200224.zip file.
6) Tap "OK", making sure that "All" is the selected Select Scope option.
7) Stick a magnet to the chassis of the car, right below the sensor using blu-tack or tape or something to hold it there.
8) Be careful not to allow the magnet to get close to the rails of your track, and put the car on the track to get power.
9) The LED on the chip should only quickly flash, and then remain off
10) Tap "Select Device"
11) Tap on DFU O2 Car under "Available Devices"
12) Tap Upload

You should be able to see the upload start, progress, and complete. If not, go back and try again.
Remove the magnet from the sensor, but keep it handy for later.

Phase 2 - activating the chip.

1) Run the slot.it app
2) Tap Add
3) Make sure no controllers are on that might have been paired with that chip in the past.
4) Put the car on the track and watch the LED for several seconds. When you see it blink a few times and then stay steady again, the chip is in App/BT mode.
5) Tap Search
6) After the device appears on the screen, tap Register.
7) Assign a name to the chip and tap OK.
8) Registration can take about 30 seconds, so be patient.

Once registered, you should be able to pair the car with a controller and drive it. Do this with the controller you plan to use when recording the ATC later. Make sure you can drive the car around without any issues, and that laps are counting as expected.

Phase 3 - Installing the ATC firmware.

1) Run the Nordic app
2) Tap "DFU"
3) Tap "Select File"
4) Then tap "OK", making sure "Distribution Packet (ZIP)" is the selected file type option.
5) Locate and tap the firmware O201c-O2-0310b-200715-ATC.zip file.
6) Tap "OK", making sure that "All" is the selected Select Scope option.
7) Stick a magnet to the chassis of the car, right below the sensor using blu-tack or tape or something to hold it there.
8) Be careful not to allow the magnet to get close to the rails of your track, and put the car on the track to get power.
9) The LED on the chip should only quickly flash, and then remain off
10) Tap "Select Device"
11) Tap on DFU O2 Car under "Available Devices"
12) Tap Upload

(PS. Apparently using plain text mode in the editor allows this to work)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just a reflection.
Why must it be so complicated. Ok, I am not an expert on computers and phones.
I would say I am pretty much average.
I will give it a try this weekend. Maybee I will invite a friend (expert) to help me.

If we cant sort it out I have a plan B.
I will make an autonomous car by taking the chip out and put in magnets and a suitable
motor to balance the speed.
My track doesent have any hairpins so I think it will work out nice.

At last I will thank you all for trying to help me!

·
ParrotGod
9,270 Posts
That is a good question.

The main reason is that Slot.it is not a software company and developing apps for smart devices is not as simple as it looks.

Slot.it has released a bunch of different new hardware and firmware so it will take some time before its echo system stabilizes again.

It will get there eventually.

·
Greg Gaub
15,353 Posts
As soon as I wrote those instructions, I expected *someone* to make that point.

Ever have the writing assignment for how to make a peanut butter sandwich? That's what I did.

It's really not THAT complicated, it just looks like it is because a/ you're having problems with it and b/ I spelled out every minute little step to make sure you don't miss any of them. I also provided instructions as if your chip has never been registered. If you've been able to register the chip and drive it around like normal, you can skip Phase 1 and 2.

Also, slot.it recognize that the Nordic app is not as easy as it could be, which is why they're working on their own app.

And finally, the ATC firmware is in BETA.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I read through all the oXigen manuals a couple months ago. Here's the steps I wrote down to get the ATC working on an Analog/Digital track.

Initial Setup:
1. Attach the recommended magnet under the track's finish line, with the south pole facing up.
2. Jumper the white and black controller posts of an analog lane, to create a fully powered digital lane.
3a. Update the chip firmware to the ATC firmware. I heard the ATC firmware may not install properly with the slot.it app. So its best to use the backdoor magnet trick and Nordic App per the chip manual.
b. Download ATC firmware to your phone from slot.it website
c. Turn off all oxigen/ARC controllers.
d. Tape a magnet under the hall sensor, with the south pole facing up (flip it if this don't work).
e. Put the car on the track
f. Update firmware with the NORDIC APP. Follow instructions on Pg19 of the chip manual.
4. Activate the chip with the Slot.it app per the chip manual.
5. If using an ARC Pro controller, update the firmware to oXigen per pg21 of the oXigen system Base Manual.
6. Pair controller to chip per pg22

Recording/Playback:
The Autonomous Car instructions are on page 13 of the chip manual, however they are ambiguous and do not work for me. Improved/corrected steps are below:
Note: the ARC Pro controller lane change button is the same as pressing up and down.

1. Jumper the white and black controller posts of an analog lane, to create a fully powered digital lane.
2. Turn the controller on
3. Put the car on the track two feet before the finish line (slot.it recommends .75 to 1.5 feet, but I find 2 feet works best).
4. Press and hold the up and down buttons for 2 seconds.
Old info that seems to no longer apply: Hold the up and down buttons for 5 seconds and then the chip LED flickering slightly slows down then becomes slower indicating 'recording mode' has started.
5. Drive a lap. Be sure to stay on the gas until after the car has crossed the finish line.
6. Let the car come to a stop after the finish line
7. Press and hold the up and down buttons for about 10 seconds until you see the chip light go out and come back on again. This indicates the lap has been saved to memory.
8. If the light doesnt go out: Drive two more laps then stop two feet before the finish line. Now go back to step 4 and try again.
9. Release the up and down buttons
10. Take the car off the track
11. Switch off the controller
12. Put the car on the track two feet before the finish line. The autonomous car will repeat the saved lap.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have some news for you. After having asked my friend (expert) of some advise,
he located the problem to be my old stuff of phones and tablets.
He had an IPhone 6+, and it was the solution to everything.

Now it works pretty good but maybee the system needs some finetuning.
It would have been nice to have some more magnets to locate the speed and this could be used to even get sectortimes when doing normal racing.
A wishlist for the future:)

·
ParrotGod
9,270 Posts
Given the collaboration with the RCS team, is there any plans for this concept to be integrated with the RMS?

For instance, it would be nice if the RMS could count laps of the autonomous cars and when there is a track call the car would stop.

·
Greg Gaub
15,353 Posts
Ooh, that'd be cool... I think the automous car firmware is pretty... single minded, though. Will it even respond to stop and go commands? It's likely that the firmware would need to be updated, but I hope to be pleasantly surprised.

·
ParrotGod
9,270 Posts
I assume that they would need to update the firmware for responding and reporting to the RMS.

Also, in case of a track call, it should automatically revert to a safe speed when the track call is finished and resume the recorded lap when crossing the S/F line.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hola amigos, tengo un mando SCX ARC Air Pro y quiero programar con él un coche fantasma en mi pista Oxigen.
He leido esta entrada del foro pero no me aclaro dado que va combinando la explicación del coche fantasma con el mando SCX Air Pro junto con el mando SCP3.
Algunas dudas:
  • ¿Solo puedo utilizar el chip C para programar un coche fantasma con el mando de SCX?
  • ¿Podríais decirme brevemente como programar un coche fantasma con el mando SCX en una pista Oxigen?
  • Hay algún video, entrada de foro .... específica donde pueda informarme? (solo para como programar un coche fantasma en un sistema Oxigen con el mando SCX Air pro.
gracias y un saludo

·
Registered
13 Posts
[QUOTE = "Slot.it, publicación: 2477666, miembro: 297"]
¿Priamo, SCX ARC Air Pro o Scalextric (Hornby, Superslot)?
[/CITA]

Hola,
Hola Mauricio
El mand es SCX ARC Air Pro
saludos

·
Greg Gaub
15,353 Posts
There is no such thing as SCX ARC anything.

SCX = The Digital System, WOS, and Advanced.

Scalextric (Superslot) = ARC Air, ARC Pro

There is no other controller you can possibly be using for oXigen than the ARC Air/Pro controller, since the slot.it firmware would not work on an SCX WOS or Advanced controller, even if you managed to find a way to get it in there.

So, the main question is, once the ARC Air/Pro controller has had the oXigen formware installed, what procedure is needed to use it to program an autonomous car? I don't currently know, as I've not experimented with doing so.

101 - 118 of 118 Posts