SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hey folks! Cheers from Canada! I have lurked and posted here off and on for about 2 years. Now, after several requests for some of my track pics, I've decided to get serious about this forum and reveal my build, called Autopia. I've enjoyed all the fine tracks, cars, and insight from all of you, and I hope these photos can provide some enjoyment back to you, and maybe a little inspiration. A lot of you may have already seen this on the other 2 big forums, but I hope to reach a few yet that haven't. It's gonna be pic heavy, so don't open it if you don't have access to some download speed. Here they are in no particular order:

Well, if you made it this far, thanks for looking, I hope it was worth your time. All the lighting is home-made. Some of the railing is home-made, like the bridge rails and the rope rail on the corner park, and the mesh rail on the banked turn. The truck was lit by me. The lit signs are also animated, and are from Miller Engineering, as well as the corner warning lits, although that was a kit that I had to design and build myself. Well, you made it this far, so... here's a few more shots of the carrera building interiors (yes, the video game monitors are lit!):

All comments are welcome!
Jeff

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the compliments so far guys!

QUOTE (Black3sr @ 16 Feb 2012, 19:45) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice. Now Canada is rather large. So where in?

Hi Black3sr, I know your track well, Northwoods is it? Great track. Check my ID for lacation, Chatham's kinda not near anything unfortunately. If I knew of a track in London, or Windsor, I'd visit regularly. Kitchener;s a bit of a hike tho.

QUOTE (benj @ 16 Feb 2012, 20:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looks good to me, how did you do the street lights around the track?

How long has the total project taken?

The project took the better part of a year or so. The street lights around the outside were done with Bic razor handles shown in one of the pics. I used the serrated edge of a CD case for the lens diffuser, and 1/4" copper pipe for the upright poles. All sprayed metallic silver. 2 3mm leds per pole were wired in. The bridge lights are 1/4" copper with Bic pen diffusers (I like Bic stuff, what can I say?), and 1 3mm led, see below, and the park light poles are painted felt pen and 1/4 copper with the diffuser from a string of mini christmas lights, 1 3mm led.

QUOTE (Si. @ 16 Feb 2012, 20:17) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Jeff

Brilliant !

Illuminating work !

What more can I say ?

Cheers

Si.

Cheers to you too Si! and thanks! ...but "What more can I say ?" hmmm, I just had a few hours to kill, so I was reading one of your posts on your track thread, and you could probably throw down a few pages methinks, lol!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (Damo @ 16 Feb 2012, 20:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I really enjoyed your pics. Nice track but good photos too. I'm thinking of lighting for my track right now so it's good to see what you have done.

Cheers!

Cheers! and thanks Damo. Look forward to seeing what you come up with, please post them!

·
Registered
20 Posts
So awesome, thanks for sharing!

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Hi there Jeff..

Thanks for posting the photos..

The Track looks excellent, I especially like the "night" shots. and the raised rear section, "great stuff".....

What is the size of the layout overall.

All the best.. Martin.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE (witness @ 16 Feb 2012, 21:39) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Inspirational, thanks!! Whats with the guy doing in the arcade in just his thunder crackers? lol.

QUOTE (Koala2 @ 16 Feb 2012, 22:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Super!
Thanks for letting us dream ...
One question : is that video game really so dangerous or did the guy ran acros the track at a bad moment ?

QUOTE (bbqninja @ 16 Feb 2012, 22:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Now THIS is my kind of party.

Pants off friday at the arcade!

Lol, oh the poor man! good thing his face is turned or he'd never live it down! well, he's obviously had one pint too many (I'll have to talk to the barkeep about that), but hey, we've all been there, right? So long as he stays off the track he'll be OK. But just in case, we do have a rescue team with a fully equipped rescue vehicle nearby.

thanks to all for the continued comments, and thanks, Martin, for the gentle push to publish here. It was a labor of love and it's nice see it appreciated by my peers.

The layout is 12x8 and the length is 75ft, average lap around 10sec.
Jeff

·
Registered
325 Posts
Awesome track you have there Jeff!

I especially like the "combined to 4 lanes" angled backstraight!
Your lighting skills are unsurpassed!
I can see that my RX42's are getting a good use at your place

All the best,
Martin

Ps do you have a pic with a whole track overview?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Martin! Is your track on here? Unfortunately I can't get an overview pic, the room is too small so I can't back up far enough. The 6th pic above of the left side is about the best I can do. I do have a Trackpower layout somewhere if anyone's interested.
Jeff

·
Registered
46 Posts
yes, yes, post it. Would love to see some more snapshots also, lovely layout and the lights are great. I can see my wife is going to have to have hairy legs for while
"now where does she keep those razors"

·
Registered
114 Posts
QUOTE (DB5 @ 18 Feb 2012, 15:27) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>yes, yes, post it. Would love to see some more snapshots also, lovely layout and the lights are great. I can see my wife is going to have to have hairy legs for while
"now where does she keep those razors"

lol, the lights are worth it! OK, the tp pic is below, and more snapshot? Well, be careful what you wish for...

QUOTE (sig @ 18 Feb 2012, 17:31) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>a ha!

good to see you spreading the wonder on here boss...we´ve all plentry to learn from you and this great track

Thanks sig! Glad you made the suggestion to post. I enjoy following your thread. Have you ordered any of the billboards? and how are you doing with lighting the cars?

Here is the tp layout and a few more pics. I am in the planning stages of a new house build and if we pull it off I'll have much more room for my next layout. It will be a routed digital track.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.