SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did not know this was a thing.

Can't say the driver figure impresses but while the recent Ferrari was relatively easy to pass on, this is a whole different kettle of fish. 馃憤

Edit
No, I did know it was a thing but now it's apparently getting closer to release. 馃檮

As you were then.

Registered
Nice model, a must I say in any collection, so far I have none of any brand hehehe.

Cheers

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice they've resurrected what I'm sure is the old Spirit mould, think any 635 they produce will sell pdq.
No. No, I don't think so. If you look closely, and I have, the Avant Slot b-pillar looks part of the shell and has mould lines for the door's window seals. In internet photos the Spirit b-pillar looks to be part of the interior glass. I don't have mine to hand or I'd confirm that but I'm a thinking this a new mould. With a crap driver figure.

Least ways, I'm hoping it's a new shell because the Spirit model can't be 1:32. It just can't. It's not Thunderslot-wrong. But it is huge.

But... Avant Slot? It's gonna be expensive.:(

Premium Member
No. No, I don't think so. If you look closely, and I have, the Avant Slot b-pillar looks part of the shell and has mould lines for the door's window seals. In internet photos the Spirit b-pillar looks to be part of the interior glass. I don't have mine to hand or I'd confirm that but I'm a thinking this a new mould. With a crap driver figure.

Least ways, I'm hoping it's a new shell because the Spirit model can't be 1:32. It just can't. It's not Thunderslot-wrong. But it is huge.

But... Avant Slot? It's gonna be expensive.:(
I seem to remember when the Avant 635 was announced on that slot car news site that demands donations for reposting the manufacturers' media info that it was the Spirit body. Updated, mayhap?

The world does need more 635s. But with so many decal sets, they should all be white kits. And less than 拢75.

Registered
If the spirit mould was available, whatever it's faults, it'd be much cheaper for Avant than a new mould, it'll be nice to have a 635 available again, there's plenty of liveries and hopefully a white kit.

Registered
Is there anywhere a pic of the Chassis?

Maybe a DRM livery would have been better?
Looks like this livery was only used for macau 84/85...
A G. Berger with original BMW parts would be nice.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts