SlotForum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
E63.95 from Ministry of Hobby (which is in some way related to Avant, same owners maybe, can't remember). For reference the liveried Ferrari 308gtb from Avant is E65.95.

·
Registered
711 Posts
New article on Slotcarspassion tells us it is the Spirit body, reworked to accommodate an Avantslot chassis. I have the Spirit in Jagermeister livery which took some effort to get right but was well worth it.

·
Premium Member
6,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Yeah, I'm not sure that's a great thing, is it? Is it?? The Avant chassis? 🤔

I never got my Mitsubishi to run as well as I thought it ought.

·
Tel
4,168 Posts
Another one here for never being a lover of any Avant chassis.
Even the white kits from Avant aren't cheap these days, maybe they'll do a body only kit if we are lucky !

·
Kevs Racing Bits
4,811 Posts
Damping tape should shut the rattling up and help handling. I'm another avant chassis doubter.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I never said they were great ;).

I have several and really the only turd is the Audi R10 with the leaf spring set up, it's fast but it isn't fun. My Pescarolo, RS Spyder, Mirage and Kremer Porsche are all very good race cars dating back to when i was club racing.

I find the stock motors overpower the Avant chassis, which for me was ironically a concern for the motor Spirit fitted in their BMW chassis.

·
Premium Member
6,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
My issue is the Spirit looked outta scale; too, too big. Too big.

Now they've married that to their unique chassis shenanigans and inflation has done the thing it does... I'm looking at a pass, sadly. :(

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi! No changes in the chassis at the moment. Is the completely mould as Spirit sold 12 years ago. I don't remember exactly, but I think the body has the real scale measures. The 635 was a "long long" car.
Old concept but from my point of view (regardless of the driver ) a beatiful and funny slot car. Think like if avant, put on the market a vintage edition from Spirit cars.

Regards!

·
Premium Member
6,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Disappointing news. Especially if they're going to stick their cheeky necks out and ask seventy-odd quid for a re-mold.:mad:

Note: I was going to say they must've done a teeny tiny change because, as I think I said earlier, my Gitanes girl only has the one windscreen wiper, but I checked before posting this and she has only the one wiper... and a curious filler cap where another might sprout. Indeed, where the second one sprouts on this re-release.

So apart from slapping some new paint on, they do appear to have done absolutely n'owt.

Ach! But just getting my blue beast off the shelf and admiring it has made me go slightly wistful at the thought of owning another....:p

·
Premium Member
6,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I do not. You are correct. That's a fact. Two facts there.

However, the 635 and M1 are exceptional cars I did yearn for as a sporty yoof and therefore exempt from my automotive bigotry. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Filipinetti

·
Registered
8 Posts
Was the mold, the design of it, one of yours?🤔
After what you said I prefer to say NO .:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

This mould has 13 years. Made for a specific market in a specific and difficult moment in the company. ( less than a year later, the company stop the activity ).
And a lot of circumstances and hurries, ( some for mistakes take by us and others unilateral decisions by the manufacturer ) finished to make a car with less possibilities than we have thought.

I participated. 🤷‍♀️ Nobody is perfect.

·
Premium Member
6,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
After what you said I prefer to say NO .:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Oh. No. I think you're reading me wrong - easily done. Do it myself sometimes. 🙄

I very much like my Gitanes car. I do think it a trifle big - but note what you say about personally thinking it close to the mark.

But I would congratulate you on capturing the look and feel of the machine. Were it yours. But you say not yours so... 😁

Anyhoo, welcome to the board. It sounds like you have contacts and stories to tell! 🤗

Reactions: GDSLOT

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was joking. Don't worry. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I was part of the development team. It would not be correct to attribute to me only the successes... and neither the failures.
Of course my mouse draw a lot of lines of that car.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts