SlotForum banner

Avant Slot BMW 635

6K views 56 replies 20 participants last post by  Mr GT 
#1 ·
I did not know this was a thing.

Can't say the driver figure impresses but while the recent Ferrari was relatively easy to pass on, this is a whole different kettle of fish. 👍

Edit
No, I did know it was a thing but now it's apparently getting closer to release. 🙄

As you were then.

#31 ·
Disappointing news. Especially if they're going to stick their cheeky necks out and ask seventy-odd quid for a re-mold.:mad:

Note: I was going to say they must've done a teeny tiny change because, as I think I said earlier, my Gitanes girl only has the one windscreen wiper, but I checked before posting this and she has only the one wiper... and a curious filler cap where another might sprout. Indeed, where the second one sprouts on this re-release.

So apart from slapping some new paint on, they do appear to have done absolutely n'owt.

Ach! But just getting my blue beast off the shelf and admiring it has made me go slightly wistful at the thought of owning another....:p

#37 ·
After what you said I prefer to say NO .:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

This mould has 13 years. Made for a specific market in a specific and difficult moment in the company. ( less than a year later, the company stop the activity ).
And a lot of circumstances and hurries, ( some for mistakes take by us and others unilateral decisions by the manufacturer ) finished to make a car with less possibilities than we have thought.

I participated. 🤷‍♀️ Nobody is perfect.

#47 ·
They were 54 euros at one Spanish shop, 63 at another Spanish shop, around that at a French shop.
Nothing to do with Brexit TBH, its just everything in this country has always been pricier, and its getting worse due to greedy fuel and energy companies, not to mention ridiculous taxation on fuel.

#48 ·
I do think that a number of slot car manufacturers are behind the curve , possibly cost, lack of development e.t.c as far as Avant is concerned the 2 Mirages i modified or shall i say updated are great cars in all departments ( now ) i have developed them forward in my opinion , something Avant could have done, in fact i still run their orange long can in a number of cars .
If you remember a few years ago these motors were being flogged of cheap on the bay , at that time i thought Avant had finished as there was a lot of their pink green and orange motors at knock down prices.
I quite like the body on the BMW but that's about it , would i spend out on a set of , alloy wheels , better tyres, guide or a 3d chassis when the asking price is £73 nope i won't.those days are over.

#56 ·
That makes it so much better to know you're not getting aluminium hubs or a motor-pod but it's only sixty quid you're blowing. 🤔

Somebody remind me what no aluminium hubs and no motor-pod from Scalextric or Carrera costs with Slotforum+ membership?:mad:

Also, I just looked, and the 3D chassis is now an eye watering twenty-two quid, plus, of course, fourteen for postage on the good old Shapeways site.

Oi, vie.

#57 ·
The ordinary Group A version wasn't intresting enough for me. I had to have this rally version made in only 350 pieces and sold exclusively thru Toni Ponce motorsport.
Wheel Vehicle Car Tire World Rally Car

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive design

The Avant slot runs similar to the old Spirit. The chassis is basically the same, a little different in the front, but that's all. The motor is powerful with good punch. I will add some weight to it later on since it has a tendency to go straight in some curves.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.