SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts

News from Avant of their latest release, due into the UK next week.

Opel Manta "Rothmans" - 'Vatanen/Harryman' - Ref 51501.

1983 Manx International Rally - Finished 2nd place

@ 1;43 - classic brown trousers moment "Oh God!"

·
Ewan McKen
1,448 Posts
Will it be competitive with my 'Sloter' Mantas?

Regards,
Ewan

·
Registered
439 Posts
Ah well more money from my pocket.

Brings back memories as a few mates had mantas, i had an Ascona.

Might well be my first Avant Slot

DrH

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
As I had 2 1:1 Mantas I'll probably get one, looks like it can be reconfigured to inline which is good, shame about the Lego Minifigures driving and hopefully it'll be better made than my Avant Slot Porsche, ie; the back axle assembly won't need tightening and adjusting after every race.

·
Peter Rondel
6,022 Posts
QUOTE (Julian_Boolean @ 13 Mar 2012, 20:48) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As I had 2 1:1 Mantas I'll probably get one, looks like it can be reconfigured to inline which is good, shame about the Lego Minifigures driving and hopefully it'll be better made than my Avant Slot Porsche, ie; the back axle assembly won't need tightening and adjusting after every race.

ay, dont mess with the duplo guys! they're in for good fun!

(and yes the quads are avant slot( = big fun) too

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Oh........

my.......

God!!!!...

I was waiting for the Team Slot Ascona coming later in the year, but I've just dropped that idea. TBH, I'm a bit wary of Avant cars, having had a bad experience with a Pescarolo. But I'm definitely prepared to give this one a go.
..... Particularly as it has the correct livery, not the tobacco ad. ban "Racing" rubbish.

Gimme, gimme, gimme!

·
WRP World Champ 2015/2016
4,279 Posts
Must have. Wil probably junk the two cyber men in the cockpit though.

I thought the "twisty 350" at 1:24 was more of a brown corduroy moment than the "oh de god" too.

Ari was a real nut job, but so exciting. Off to watch that Pike's Peak footage of him now.QUOTE

·
Phil B.
3,749 Posts
Just to clear it up, what Terry actually said was "Oh dear God".

Another famous quote from many years ago on an Irish event was when Adrian Boyd and Beatty Crawford were mid stage and a member of the Garda Siochana took it upon himself to stand in the middle of the road with his hand in the air indicating that they should stop.

Closing on him well in excess of a hundred miles an hour the only comment from the left hand seat was
"No
ing chance baby". Sadly it was pre incar days so no footage of the startled officers rapid exit from the roadway exists.

Cheers - Phil

·
Registered
251 Posts
[quote name='ewanmcken' date='13 Mar 2012, 17:49' post='694957']
Will it be competitive with my 'Sloter' Mantas?

Regards,
Ewan
It will blow your Sloter into the weeds if set up right

[quote name='Mr Modifier' date='13 Mar 2012, 19:30' post='694991']
Odd looking drop arm.

Is it sprung?
Yes it is sprung but I have always ended up with it fixed on my smooth wood track.
cheers brembo

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
QUOTE (ewanmcken @ 13 Mar 2012, 17:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Will it be competitive with my 'Sloter' Mantas?

Regards,
Ewan

So You have a competitive Slotter Manta!!!
You're the only person who has, or you must have some very Carp other cars.
Everyone I've ever spoken to says the same! Mine ended up having the chassis removed ready to put onto an MSC Motecarlo, must finish it sometime.

Simon

·
Ewan McKen
1,448 Posts
I never actually said that my Slotter Mantas are competitive.

I thought I was a Rothmans fan (mainly from the Honda GP Bikes) but I just saw the Finley livery (AVS-51503), and I think it suits the car better.

Regards,
Ewan

1 - 20 of 27 Posts