SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
........ They're to small!

Here's a picture of mine, compared to my SCX Peugeot. More wheel, less arch.
The Scalextric Audi R10 and Porsche RS Spyder are more like the Peugeot as well.

Can anoyne recommend some wheels + tyres I can buy to put on the Pescarolo to make it look right, please? I'm not too bothered if the spoke design is slightly wrong, but colour isn't a problem as I can repaint them satin black if necessary.

........ And just for comparison, here's a pic of the 1:1 Pescarolo.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Slot.it SIPA19ALS 17x10 Alloy Hubs. They even come with the correct black BBS inserts. You can fit Slot.it 20x11 or 19x10 tyres for a finished diameter of 20 or 21mm

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that.
As per usual, I was thinking all wrong - like getting a set from the Scalextric spares list, or something like that.

I'll probably go for those Slot.It wheels at some point, but for now I've got a set of white(!?) Ninco straight-spokes with Slot.It 19x10s on.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Just check your axle diameter, Ninco usually use the larger non-standard 2.5mm size so your Ninco hubs will be a very loose fit on the AS axles and you'll struggle to get them concentric. If you just want a quick fix why not try some high profile NSR tyres, your hubs will still look small but you'll fill the wheel arches. Something like an NSR5208 20x10 I think the AS hubs are 16.8mm OD so you'd get a finished dia. of a little under 21mm.

·
Registered
834 Posts
that car (& the AS Audi) have wheel/body/chassis clearance issues that may prevent you from this. larger wheels/tires will also change performance.

·
Registered
489 Posts
i lowered the front ride height, and fitted 16x10nsr's to the rear with slot.it f1 f22 rubber, at least the extra rubber helps fill the wheel arches. the boss is wide on the nsr rims so a little surgery may be necessary to get the wheels under. with this done my car is smooth and very fast.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (StuBeeDoo @ 1 Aug 2011, 19:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'll probably go for those Slot.It wheels at some point, but for now I've got a set of white(!?) Ninco straight-spokes with Slot.It 19x10s on.
That didn't last very long!

QUOTE (highbarn @ 1 Aug 2011, 22:33) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just check your axle diameter, Ninco usually use the larger non-standard 2.5mm size so your Ninco hubs will be a very loose fit on the AS axles and you'll struggle to get them concentric.
I actually did have a problem with the rear axle, but not only with the Ninco rims. The AS wheels never fitted very well on the standard axle.
I had a spare axle of the right length with a contrate with the right number of teeth and new bearings - so I've used that. Nice tight rims now.

QUOTE (highbarn @ 1 Aug 2011, 22:33) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If you just want a quick fix why not try some high profile NSR tyres, your hubs will still look small but you'll fill the wheel arches. Something like an NSR5208 20x10 I think the AS hubs are 16.8mm OD so you'd get a finished dia. of a little under 21mm.
This pretty-much what I've ended-up doing. I've got a selection of 19x10s and I've put some Slot.It P2s on the rear and Z0s on the front. 20x10, as you say, does fill the arches a little more so I may go for some at a later date, when I've got another decent order together for Pendles.

QUOTE (MANIMMAL @ 2 Aug 2011, 01:23) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>the boss is wide on the rims so a little surgery may be necessary
I noticed that in a picture I found, and I came to the conclusion that I could well have a problem with the SIPA19ALSs. That stopped me ordering a set yesterday.

This is what the car looks like at the moment........

........ and I put an old set of Scalextric 20X11s on just to see what difference it makes........

Looking at it again, the rims don't look all that bad IMO. At least the arches are not so empty, but I do think I need some 20s! So, in the end, it was all down to tyres......

......... And I've just had a thought. I've got some PaulG 20X10s somewhere, so I might only need to buy 20x10 Z0s.

Thanks all for the input here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts