SlotForum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
In what respect?

I had a hell of a job getting mine to drive the way I wanted.
Do you want more downforce?

·
Premium Member
1,340 Posts
Hi Tom,

These can really motor if you get them right, but I am not sure that they will compete with NSR Mosler whatever you do!

try to identify why it is slow or how it deslots.

The pesca has independant adjustable front stub axles getting these right is the first step, so have a play; start fully flat then add camber little by little until you are happy? glue rear tyres on and coat front tyres with superglue or nail varnish.

See how that works.

Cheers

BSN

G

·
Try to give the front tires a little negative camber, this way they will act as o-rings. The car can be fast but it takes some skill, a Mosler would be easier but if you get it right it can be competitive.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Is it all inline or are the moslers anglewinders ?

As if the moslers are angle don't bother it wont keep up

11-26 or 12-26 are pretty good ratios for this car on our track as long as it has the orange motor ?

Michael

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We can race angle winders if we wish.
I have a NSR Mosler (the five years special edition) but whatever I do, the club champion (Zakspeed) is always a tenth quicker than me.
I Thought that the Pescarolo could take him on and win.
I will persist with it though becase if my mosler Breaks down
, I still want a competitive car to race.

Thanks
Tom

·
Registered
567 Posts
Can you use the optional aluminum motor mount? If so, use it, it has ball bearings and adjustable motor height.
Set the motor as low as possible.
Check that the leaf springs are not too tight, check also if the rear end is level. Adjusting the leaf springs and the bottom screws so that the car sits level with the track is a must. The orange motor is good, the gears are not so, use slot it, 9/25 - 10/26 possibly, but you always need good brakes, so test it with these.
Set the front so that the front wheels barely touch the track.
Forgot to mention, before all these, strip the chassis and make sure it's straight, place it on glass to see. If needed use the hot water method to straighten it.
No weight at all, if it deslots, work on the front axles height.
Any silicone tires are permited? Tried with supertires?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks timkoul, have not got aluminum motor mount yet but will look into it.
Where do you get these "supertires" from?
Haven't checked straightness of chassis yet but i will soon

Thanks
Tom

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
QUOTE (tomster @ 6 Sep 2011, 20:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>but whatever I do, the club champion (Zakspeed) is always a tenth quicker than me.

Most people find themselfs in that postion

Plus the inline will never keep up with a angle winder if both are setup properly

Michael

1 - 19 of 19 Posts