SlotForum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Hi, I would just like to thank the 20 people that turned up to race today, to make the inaugural meeting of AVHORA a cracking success.

Congratulations to the winners, Paul Roach and Martin Hill of the 2 main events

Hopefully Al will be along soon, with the report and results.

· Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Great Video Lee, thanks mate nice job, just a minute, I think you just have won something . . . ah yes I know now, 'Club Video Maker's job.

· Premium Member
2,330 Posts
QUOTE (montoya1 @ 29 Dec 2011, 12:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Prepare to have to go into hiding Paul! Still, if one of the principles (sic) can say they don't like the cars and live to tell, perhaps I fear for you needlessly...

That will be me then

QUOTE Nice video, captured the event perfectly, is it me or do many of the F1 cars have no rear wing?

There were a few err accidents

QUOTE (roll1later @ 29 Dec 2011, 13:27) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've made no secret of my dislike for the cars but my point was despite the fact I, and Craig for that matter, don't like them we still had a great day, as we did at the last meet, and I'm guessing will also have at the next

The magnatraction, Horrible, no. Difficult, tricky, irritating and frustrating, yes. I make no secret of it.

Still I qualified higher than before 9/20, despite giving the better handling chassis to Dave Hannington!

The G+, no problem there, drives rather like a Tyco! Qualified 3/16, and finished the same

· Premium Member
2,330 Posts
QUOTE (montoya1 @ 29 Dec 2011, 13:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Pity about the wings, one of the things I like about the G+ F1 is it looks like the real thing, including the wing.

Is there a fix on the way?
Super glue or a new body

QUOTE Don't crash

But that is better

· Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Not in the middle of a race!

· Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Ha Ha Ha, I never thought of that one

· Premium Member
2,330 Posts
At least 4 cars were damaged to a lesser or greater degree, not just the one.

Al, I don't know if he can

About the wings, you will have to ask Julian and Martin not me, I am only the Organ Grinder not the Tech Guy,
but there is 3 months to go til the next one

· Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Wing bracing is something to think about if it is not to horribly done

As we speak there must be a queue to your door for these

· Premium Member
2,330 Posts
QUOTE (Leet @ 29 Dec 2011, 18:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Don't you just love the title to the post:

AVHORA Christmas Cracker the discussion and results

Hmmmm

Just thought I would give the chance to comment, even those that were not there,
although those that were there, carry more weight, imho

fwiw. Gareth re. the supports, yes for sure, they did need to be more substantial.

· Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Great report and stats, thanks again Al, for your full in depth tables and factual info.

A big hand to the man

· Premium Member
2,330 Posts
QUOTE (woodcote @ 29 Dec 2011, 22:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Kudos to Tony and Julian for putting on another pancake show.

Not forgettting Martin

QUOTE Shame the timings have been completely impossible for me to take part

Next time then, maybe bringing Gareth, John, plus any other pancake warriors with you

QUOTE Clearly that makes any comment on my part completely unwelcome and illegitimate.

Not at all, every one else has, on topic or off it seems

· Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
QUOTE (pasiro @ 29 Dec 2011, 20:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The G+'s that did break seamed to break more because they hit the floor than other cars, maybe covering the floor with bubble wrap would make a nice soft landing for them

Something like that is not such a daft idea, carpet underlay would help I would think

· Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Factual and friendly here

Contentious on the 'Exploded' thread

· Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Ha Ha Ha, as its the first year, we are all rookies

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.