SlotForum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Banned
8,456 Posts
QUOTE (roll1later @ 29 Dec 2011, 12:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>horrible cars

Prepare to have to go into hiding Paul! It won't be as bad a Nico on POS, but you may have to burn your fingertip skin off
. Still, if one of the principles (sic) can say they don't like the cars and live to tell, perhaps I fear for you needlessly...

Nice video, captured the event perfectly, is it me or do many of the F1 cars have no rear wing?

· Banned
8,456 Posts
I have some of those F1s, including a McLaren redone in Yardley colours.

If there is going to be some kind of control on wings, and rules allowing bracing or something similar, I'd be happy to let them go to a good home, if not you will quickly have a field of odd looking cars.

· Banned
8,456 Posts
Obviously there is a lot to respond to here, and I would like to, but as Tony has already deleted one post (which was just a smiley) I am unsure of taking the time to do so.

· Banned
8,456 Posts
It looks to me as if the car damage issue was exacerbated by barriers that the cars could all too easily go over, and even under. Higher hard barriers, perhaps lined with something, curved to match the track would of been the order of the day. An apron on the outside of the track about one lane width, to which the barriers could be attached so that the guy in the outer lane can't lean on them, plus some clear barriers on the inside of the turns would of contained the cars.

You would then have the problem of cars stranded on the track, but they can be covered by drivers factoring in crashes ahead (always vital on any oval, if you want to do well) and track calls.

· Banned
8,456 Posts
I'm close to ordering a banked section from Brad. It is clear (more so than ever today) that a national at the Rock is highly unlikely, so it seems the right thing to do to press on with our own project.

· Banned
8,456 Posts
The ultimate goal will be to have an oval set up somewhere either permanently or so it can be running very quickly. I have two irons in the fire with that, so it is merely
a case of getting four corners made, and getting the design of them right straight off the bat. If we can pull that off then it can be used a lot, and be the UK's unifying oval. The current thinking between those of us close to the project is that the Rock banking is too steep and too big, leading to the truncated running on it and the comments from some of their guys that it is boring.

That is not a slam for it's own sake by the way. Ovals seems to be a hot topic right now, so even conjecture about the one oval the UK has right now might save somebody some heartache down the line. After the 4hr weekend we might have some real data/feedback to work with, plus Brad (the Rock builder) will no doubt have insights and opinions. FWIIW, if you are thinking of going routed he has to be the only place to go to...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.