Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, looking at what I have in the way of Slot.it Axles and Bushes. The play you get. Even new, there is sideways movement.
So, I'm looking to buy Axles and Bearing/Bush that mate together with a snug fit.

If the Axle is 2.37mm, then the bearing hole should be very close to that, 2.38/9. In fact, with bearings, they should be a push fit, so the balls work in the housing. Bushing, needs to be a bit wider. But not so the axle moves.
A matched set as it where.

Anybody know where to buy? Is there such a set?

Cheers
Andy

·
re member
4,018 Posts
An alternative I have found that works well with the slotit axle are the oilites produced by Champion(USA)
These are flanged on one side and fit nicely into the axle towers of most plastic chassis.
They might be harder to find but look for a distributer who handles 1/24 metal chassis stuff and they should have them.
Did I mention the price...cheap.I buy them to use in scratchbuilds and some flexicars that I race.
I usually get the 6 pair pack at $17.90 NZD which is about $8.50GDP

this is where I get mine
Visit My Website

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Im pretty sure the slotit axle is close to 2.38mm while the NSR is close to 2.37mm. So if you want a really tight fit go for slotit axle with NSR bearings. The trick is to run them with a bit of slop though, if you want maximum speed. The hot set up wrt speed is to run NSR axles with undercut slotit bearings.

cheers
rick1776

1 - 6 of 6 Posts