SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings friends, I've been out of the slots since I sold all my Scx digital a couple of years back. My setup used to be in a hot garage down here in Florida. Anyway, thinking of starting over with a smaller layout in a bedroom as I noticed a 007 Skyfall set coming out soon. Getting the fever again as I miss the hobby......not sure how the wife will take it though! I'll be retracing all the great hints and tips I've missed.

· Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (DJ @ 13 Jul 2012, 16:28) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Welcome back, will it be Dino Raceway mk2 or something completely different?
I assume you're a bit of a movie fan with all of the advertising boards around your old track and your mention of Skyfall and being Jawsfan.
Perhaps another movie inspired track? Deathrace could be an interesting one to do..

As for the wife, might be best not to mention it just yet.

I may go with Scalextric this time as I want the 007 cars, hoping there may be a digital Skyfall set rather than analogue. The tack will have to be narrow as I'll only have 8 x 3 approximate to work with.
Good advice on the wife for now!

· Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So it looks like the Skyfall set is analog only (please correct me if I'm wrong). In the past I had the whole SCX Digital setup with the lap counter, so I'm familiar on how digital works. I'm leaning towards Scalextric this time as I'm looking at the cars available to collect. Couple of questions to throw out:

If I go with Scalextric this time and start off with the Skyfall (analog) set, is there a lap counter available for analog?

Can this set be made into digital down thew line? Or is it like SCX where analog track can't be used with digital?

· Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does anyone know what track the Scalextric SKYFALL set will be? (Classic, sport?.....will it even matter?)
Also, is there a Digital set that anyone would recommend that will be compatable with the SKYFALL set ?(this way I will have a couple of extra cars and track I may need)

Although I won't be able to have a big setup like before, I know I'll be wanting to race at least 3-4 cars, so I know I'll end up going to digital in the long run and certainly want the lap counter option. I just want to know that I will be able to expand the SKYFALL SET. I'm looking at a 8 or10x3 narrow layout based on the space I have made in the room. My wife is growing more suspicious to my recent burst of energy in cleaning the room up! LOL

I was dissapointed in my visit to my local hobby shop today where I had purchased my SCX Digital in the past, they have practically moved away from the slot car scene and expanded into action figures. Plus the staff there did not seem too confident in what they were telling me about Scalextric!

· Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for your feedback Mr Modifier. It looks as if I should consider getting a digital set with APB and then buying the cars separately. Although I did like the idea of the jump and crossover sections in the Skyfall set. Does anyone still race in analog form with Scalextric?

· Registered
240 Posts
Now I just found the Quantum of Solace digital set online which would get me up and running. Any feedback on this set? Is $329 too steep for this? I could then just order the Skyfall cars when released. This would give me 4 cars (which is the max I want to race with). I'm also thinking of getting track addition #C8514 which looks to be digital compatable, any feedback on this addition?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.