SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our friend Dave Wisdom and I have posted on this forum pictures of relivered BRM C-051. I recently realized that Dave and I, quite curiously, had made the same mistake regarding the stripes featuring the Yardley ribbons. A possible indication of what could have been logically expected, but incorrect in reality.

On Dave's car and my first P160 (pics below), the black stripe on the right side of the car comes OVER the marroon one, symetrically to the left side where the marroon one comes over the black one.

In reality, the right side is inaccurate, based on the pic below extracted from the 1972 GRAND PRIX GUIDE (Kreuzer editions), which clearly shows that the marroon stripe should be OVER the black one on BOTH sides.

I've now corrected my decals, as shown on this recent BRM (Jo Siffert at the 1971 French GP).

So, better late than never...

·
Peter Farrell
2,114 Posts
If memory serves me correctly it is the Gold band that goes over the Black band. Not sure whether there was a change between the P153 as shown in your Siffert photo and the P163 you have modelled.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Understand that, it was almost 40 years ago. Fortunately, we may have pictures. The 3 pics below represent P163s in 1971. From left to right : Siffert at French GP, Rodriguez' sister car on the starting grid at French BP, Rodriguez at Dutch GP. Although quality is more than poor, it's possible to see that the marroon stripe is definitely OVER the black one.

For the rest, hanks for your appreciations, I've got a lot of other relivered vintages Scaleys. You can see many photos on my site www.reissorg.com. A few ones here for a quick look :

My last one, finished quite recently, is the Scalextric C-126 JPS Lotus 77, (driver : Gunnar Nilsson), a difficult one for us due to the JPS gold/black livery. It was a test for me to assess whether it would worth embarking upon other JPS cars... Better pics on my web site.

Cheers all
JP

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.