SlotForum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
I'm experimenting with trees at the moment. It seems to me that oily plants like rosemary and lavender are more likely to bend than break when bashed. They have great texture too, especially the rosemary.

·
Targa Freak
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hi Graham, breaking is not so a big proplem, I think. I avoid to plant in "flyingareas" and if necessary put some mecanicaly-breaking-item in front (wall, fence, stone, bush...). Erica, Fat hen and blueberry stay relatively elastic anyway, more problematic are arcacia and other trees. Especially erica seems to be easier pulled out of the ground if not fixed with at least one pound of plaster than beeing broken...I would be very interested in your testing-results. Regards Jens (Kellerkind)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Trees produce very easy!
Hello Jens,

In the past, I've also built a tree with Heki 1671st

I have in the last days times easily and quickly produced a tree that is impressive in my opinion.

On my last walk in the woods I noticed some plants from which one can make a tree.
First I sprayed the dried plant at the crown with clear varnish (resin) and then sprinkled with green turf.
The whole I have a few times until I achieved the desired result.
Here are the results:

right the untreated plant is seen, left, the finished tree

Here is a picture of the bedding material ...

The construction period is approximately 15 - 20 min.

Ifs, like a lot of fun during rebuild

Greetings

Stefan

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Some great looking trees there.
If you`re lazy like me, Pendles have a half price sale on their Woodland Scenic trees & accessories this week!
Cheers,
Kev

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
Thanks to all contributors. The trees look really great. I be trying later this winter.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Good day all,

it seems some of the old pictures are no longer available. I am currently testing and working on trees of my own. I would love to see the pictures from the early posts, if possible :)

Best regards
Robert

21 - 27 of 27 Posts