SlotForum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to order some wheels and tyres for the Focus, and 997 and maybe the A1GP.

They measure -

Focus dia19x 9 wide

997 dia20x10wide

A1GP dia21x13wide.

Having looked on Pendle at the NSR stuff I'm a bit unsure as to what I need.

Can anyone maybe have a quick look and help with the part numbers I should be getting.

Do all those wheels (3/32") fit the cars aformentioned or am I looking at new axles too?

Thanks

Jim

·
David K Phillipson
1,433 Posts
for the focus use 19x10 or 20x10, 19 are low profile 20 are normal profile

for the 997 use 20x10 , although we would change the wheels and/or axle for ninco prorace 80740 wide wheels and 19.5x12 tyres or slot.it sikk09 a/w starter kit and 19.5x12 tyres ( I think ninco axles are 2.5mm not 3/32'')

as for the aigp i assume they use the same wheels as the F1 cars which then have a smaller lip along the centre of the wheel compared to all other manufacturers so dont know if nsr F1 tyres can be used or not
chris would usually change the whole back end but you would probably be best letting him do the whole thing for you (because he does other stuff to the chassis which is his domain and expertise, hence the cja magic in the website members area)

·
Peter Christie
1,835 Posts
don't spend money on the 997, it won't cut it long term, you will get bored of it.

·
David K Phillipson
1,433 Posts
QUOTE chris would usually change the whole back end but you would probably be best letting him do the whole thing for you

I should have added that he may be a little busy though at the moment, and "letting" should have read asking very nicely

hindsight is a wonderful thing

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE don't spend money on the 997, it won't cut it long term, you will get bored of it.

^^Bugger; and I like it so much! Might just try some tyres on it!

QUOTE I should have added that he may be a little busy though at the moment, and "letting" should have read asking very nicely

I realise that Chris is the meister but I am keen to learn atleast a little bit about setting these things up and the best way to do that is to have a go so I/m going to try to do as much myself as possible, tho thanks for the insight Dave!

·
Lee Beswick
1,217 Posts
Thought I'd hijack one of Jim's old post's as I have a question about tyres/ wheel's for my cars....

On the Sauber I'm going to put on the NSR 5002 alloys with 19.5x12 ultragrips that I already have (thanks for the advice there Pete), so thats the Sauber sorted....apart from alot of tuning work!!!

So, the Ninco Focus...currently still standard really. Think I've got some 19x10 ultragrips which would suit this car, but what about wheels and axles? Is it better to change the axles for standard rather ninco ones and what wheels would be best for the above tyres?

Cheers

·
Mark R-E
2,471 Posts
I'll have a go as the clan are obviously still shellshocked from the pace of a certain sportcar last night

Ninco axles tend to be a little soft so they maybe straight now but can bend...

As Dave mentioned you need to check if the bearings at 3/32. There are some models with 2.5mm and some with 3/32 so you may need more bearings witht he 3/32 axles (slot.it/nsr/mbslot/sloting plus or PSR)

wheels for 19x10 tyres - I'd pick the NSR5002 you mentioned

Either way you will be able to put them on a different car if you want.

However saying that I think there is a CJA Focus or C4 with plastic wheels on which is dead quick so you could buy a set of the small Ninco plastic hubs and glue the ultras on them - cheaper (much) but no guarantee of being round or mounted on the axle straight.

Actually this has reminded me that I need to sort the belts out on my Xzara as the last couple of visits they parted company with the drive line.

·
David K Phillipson
1,433 Posts
if you going for slot.it then change all parts including bearings as ninco 2.5mm

wheels are 16x8 both back and front

also get pro pulleys as they come in two suizes in a set of four (2of each, small for front and larger for back) as chris why they need to be faster at front something to do with pulling round corners better

wheels nsr 5002 or slot-it sipa17als

pulleys mb19046 (mbslot from pendles)

·
Lee Beswick
1,217 Posts
Cheers Mark / Dave....that sports car on Thursday was a little special
Would be good to see you down at G-Slot again Mark....you should come along one week.

Wheels, tyres, sizes, axles, pulleys....all very confusing, but heopfully I'm starting to get my head around it

I'll stick with the 19.5x12 on 5002's for the Sauber...also got some Slot It 15x8 wheels and Slot It 17x10 zerogrips that I could use on the fronts.

Think I will change the axles etc on the Focus, this seems to be the best way for a quick car. I'll put the 19x10 ultragrips on the back with the 5002's and see what happens

Cheers for the advice

·
Lee Beswick
1,217 Posts
Hi Dave,

Pete mentioned about putting the 19.5x12's on 5002. If I'm correct those wheels are slightly thinner so the tyres overhang the edge a little making cornering better...or have I got that completely wrong?

Got the 19x10 for the focus and a set of 5002 for those on the way

QUOTE (davekp @ 19 Jun 2010, 16:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>lee
19.5x12 tyres are for nsr5004
19x10 for nsr5002 or 20x10

·
David K Phillipson
1,433 Posts
lee
you are quite right agbout the overhang, and pete is more knowledgeable than myself so i assume he would be more correct than myself

the 5002 are 8mm and the 5004 are 10mm,

as for the focus if i remember chris' advice the front wheels need to be faster than the rear wheels in 4x4 set up to help cornering.
two ways of doing this, either smaller wheels/tyres on front or smaller pulleys on front,
as i said earlier the pro pulleys come in two sizes in the pack, smaller for front and larger for rear

also the avant slot 4x4 comes with smaller pulley on front than rear and same size tyres/wheels all round

·
Lee Beswick
1,217 Posts
Cheers Dave,

Doing yourself down there Dave...your knowledge got my 406 going at the start
I'm still playing with that as I'm sure there's a bit of speed in there somewhere. Been having chassis issues with the front nearside wheel not touching the track, but think I found the problem now so hopefully will make a bit of progress now.

Maybe I'll check with Pete about the tyre overhang just in case I got that wrong!

I ordered the pulleys you mentioned, so I'll have both options for making the fronts faster than the rears...cheers for the advice. Will we see you down at g-slot again soon?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts