SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 17 Posts

· Targa Freak
936 Posts
Hi all,
all over the year the birchtrees arround our house give away somthing: pollen in spring, exuding resin and semen in summer and in the end thousands of leaves in authum. Untill now I used the semen to imitate 1/32 leaves but now found that pollen can be greatly used for bales of straw in 1/32 scale:

If pressed a little they fall apart. Seperating the brown core from the yellow semen you can reach any color (more yellow or brownish) you want.

little wood of about 1 x 1.2 x 3cm, glue, the pollen and little copperwire will give a scale standard german bale of straw (100 x 50 x 40cm in 1:1)

Caution: This scenery-item might be problematic for allergy-sufferers
Regards Jens

· Targa Freak
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Ember, my botanic skills are not worth talking about: Not knowing if male or female part of the tree. They fall down in masses and cover everything...untill now I couldnt find anything positive about them to call them usefull...
Regards Jens

· Targa Freak
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hahaha; hopefully everything is clear now! I didnt expect this forum to be that informative! I get ideas for my track for free, free lessons in botanics and english language...What else should I wish for? Thank you all. Regards Jens

· Targa Freak
936 Posts
Yes freaks you are right: lengthwise, its just logic because of the way they come out of the machine. I will have to change this in the next production-run. I will try other wire, too. Maybe something grey... Thanks, Jens

· Targa Freak
936 Posts
...no problems with allergy
.Threat is a little bit older and in the meantime, I am experimenting with sisal-rope, cut into little pieces, too. If attempt is successfull I will post it here...
The bales from above have great stability. I covered them with one layer of clear matt spraypaint after glue dryed, thus making them extremely resistent against damage. Regards Jens

1 - 6 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.