SlotForum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi can someone tell me if the Scalextric "banked curves" are simply regular (flat) curve pieces with banked supports under them? Or are they some special molded piece?

Thanks!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool thanks that's what i was looking for. since the sport track is so flexible I was wondering if you could just bend it to make the banks. sounds like not

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Hi
Ive got both and IMO theres not alot difference there not like the old classic ones which were
more banked I think you could get away with banking normal R2/R3 . hope this helps
regards ade.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'll agree with staglinger, the banking in the molded track pieces is only mild.
You probably could get away with it.
The other difference is the banked R3 track pieces are 45 degrees per piece not the 22.5 degrees of a normal R3

·
Registered
530 Posts
FWIW, SCX have supports that let you make banked curves from standard (R2) curves, but the banking is less than that of the molded banked curves.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have banked R-3's that I purchased last year, and they're exactly the same as the non-banked with the exception of the inserts on the bottom of the track for the supports. I've banked "non-banked" R-3's and they work just fine.

rob:)

·
Registered
432 Posts
I have the R2 banked curves and they are only slightly more curved than normal R2's, they do have the different holes underneath for the supports. If you are going to use banked curves and want to use the standard scaley borders with them you will have to bend them to fit as they won't clip straight onto the bent banked curve. You can get different size supports (purchased separately of course) which will change the angle of the banking.

Matt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts