SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Does anyone know if there is a F1 BAR car out there yet? If there is i can't find it! If so who is the manufacturer and where can i get one. If not does any company have plans to make one?

Mucho appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's pretty awesome AL. But being new to this game i'm not sure i could tackle something like that. Where do you get the logos, etc. from? and how long does it take to do it? Is the Green /Red down the side paint or transfers?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I know it is over a week since I said I would post these photos but I finally got round to taking some pics this evening!

Here is my version of the 2004 BAR. I modified the engine cover, airbox, front and rear wing of a Scalextric Renault so it looked a little more BAR like. Then I used ICEMAN decals to finish the job.

This was my first proper home build project, so although I am happy with the result I am sure I will do a much better job of it next time! Plus it will probably only take half the time.

JS

·
Registered
324 Posts
It's not as easy as it looks!

First up, I sanded back all the decals on the Renault. It worked well.
I then primed it with a white primer I had in the garage. Still going well.
I then sanded down a few imperfections in the primer and keyed it. So Far so good.

I then painted it with plasticote white paint I got from B&Q. It was looking great. I then left it in the garage over night to dry. When I went back the next day, the paint had reacted with the primer and crazed all over. Not looking so good.

I sanded most of it off, but for the parts I couldn't get, I soaked it in nail polish remover. Bad Mistake. This distorted the plastic and made it so soft, it couldn't support it's own weight. Very Bad mistake!
So after much more sanding and filling I finally got it finished.

I stuck it on the track last night for the first time, and the chassis is twisted, so it won't drive.
Credit to Iceman for his decals, without them, this car wouldn't look as good as it does.

On the plus side, BAR are doing so well this year, i may as well park it on the grass any way. now where's that smoke machine.

Russell

1 - 14 of 14 Posts