SlotForum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
A Lancia Aurelia was recently discovered behind a barn in southern Sweden. Parts of it's history have been uncovered as well. It seems it started out as an Ocar kit.

A fair amount a work has obviously been done on the window frames

Early basecoat photos show that additional sanding was needed

Here it is, as found:

The new owner says that the interior has to be completely rebuilt, but apart from that the car is mechanically sound, and should be back on selected tracks in the near future.

·
*** Leo A Capaldi ***
3,631 Posts
Hello Thomas,
Very nicely done :- )
I have actually seen Aurelia GTs in that sort of condition! Are you tempted to do a "before" and "after" combo ?

What wheels are those (perfect) ?

Kind regards, Leo

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone for the kind remarks - very encouraging!

Yes Leo, I have thought about doing a "before" version and have a spare kit that could be used for that.
The wheels are Cartrix CX1030B "BRM" type, with the 3-prong spinners removed, available from Pendle & others.

·
Horlicks Hero
1,940 Posts
Great job. Very nice.

And thank you for helping me solve a question that's been bugging me for at least the last two years. I occasionally see these Nissan Micra Bolero cars around town, and I couldn't for the life of me remember what the front end reminded me of.

Now I know

Stuart.

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Wow, we've still got a Silver Micra, but the fronts not as cool as that!!!

Oh BTW the Lancia Looks realy cool too

·
Registered
426 Posts
hi thomas,

for such a find i envy you. and the finish of the paintwork according to many years of disregard - perfect- !

now i hope the car has got a garage............ macchine italiane sono molto sensibile..........

cheers

claus

·
Pete Shepherd
1,694 Posts
Beautifully done and very impressive considering you've not been doing this for long. Please show your other cars which you put on slotcarillustrated they are all very nice.

Thanks,

Pete

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks again everyone for the kind remarks, I appreciate that very much.
Pete - sure, I'd be happy to post the other photos, just need a day or two to sort out some things at my job.

·
Frank
612 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts