SlotForum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Some shots of my trackww.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?autocom=gallery&req=si&img=36248]
[/URL]
Hope this works thanks for all the inspiration from everyone on this site to get me this far

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ww.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?autocom=gallery&req=si&img=36248]
[/URL]
Another few shots as i are learning how to load these shots

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jens thanks for kind words see how these turn out not sure how this all works
Mark [URL=http://www.slotforum.com/

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Your "track storage" looks interesting, too!
I take it the track raises to the ceiling under the blue tarping?

Any pics/video of this would be appreciated.
Cheers!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is the winch system it has 2 boat rollers with 6 pulleys & boating high strength rope I are just out of Geelong on the coastimg=36272]
[/URL]

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Raikkonen most welcome hopefully have scorpious RMS all functioning in the next few weeks & computer upto scratch
I started by getting digital pit lane set from Tate's toy kingdom in Geelong.From there I have got bits from Geds,armchair racer,tbird slot cars & professor motor with scenery bits from all over the world it started for the kids & turned into a project that just kept growing & growing & still going

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Thanks for sharing the extra pics of your winch mechanism.
I see the red rollers but cannot make out what they do differently from the pulleys.

Also, if you can, would you share your layout either an aerial pic or a layout plan.

Many thanks.
Cheers!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sealevel the red rollers guide the ropes to right angles where the pulleys guide the ropes for the up & down motions.
some layout photos might show a bit more the layout is on plyboard roughly 18ft x 8ft which gives me probably a 16 ft straight with all radius curves with a large r4 bend around the lake with r1 sweeps up the high level with r3 & r2 sweeps & bends.scattered throughout.

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Thanks for the explanation!
This is a HUGE layout.... I will want to follow this one!

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
1,688 Posts
Great layout, good to see another big digital track with fast straights and tight technical sections, couple of questions if thats OK.

Are they Scorpious controllers I see on the table and have you coverted to full Scorpious system yet or still running SSD ?

What are the table dimensions and approx track length?

This maybe an excuse to visit the coast in winter

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Billy Cart they are scorpius controllers fantastic no tangled cords & dropped controllers
I havent got the rms sorted out at the moment but the guys designing the software are working hard on it. Hopefully have it all up & running soon, but i still need some more bits for the pit lane & also ghost car pits, i better get onto rick for some more lane brains soon
most welcome to call in once we get it perfected. The track length would be around 35 or so metres with 5 xlc lane changes & 1 pit lane changer at moment.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Some Shots of one of my favorite trees,i downloaded photo from this site of Bathurst really happy how it turned out
How we made the lake, tiling waterpoofing first Then painted the lake with colors darker in middle & lighter to shore
Added some small pebbles & sand then poured in woodlands scenics realistic water it looked great but shrinks
So More Realistic water still shrunk so added EZ water this seemed to stay but cracks
Added trees,moss,& sticks

·
Registered
366 Posts
I think the shrinking of the water is actually vapourizing caused by global warming...

Nice work! The lake looks very good.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts