SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
I used to race at Belpark in Well Hall Road in Eltham, it was in an evening school and they paid a 'teacher' to teach Slot Car racing! Used to race there with John Edwards who was mentioned in the original post, I still keep in touch with John. Also in Eltham there was Eltham Models run by Ian and Ray Skilling, which had as far as I can recall a six lane track. Remember going to Bec Models once don't recall a track, however it was close to the Tooting club that John and I used to go to occasionally. Originally Tooting was 1/24th and then 1/32 and was in the basement of a carpet shop.

· Registered
51 Posts
I originally raced 1/24th at the Tooting club in the early 70's, catching a 185 bus from East Dulwich to the Oval and then catching the Northern Line to either Tooting Bec or Broadway station and walking past a Young's pub I think called The Castle, then turning right down a side road into a back garden, there was a entrance in the garden that went down into I also always assumed was an Air Raid Shelter, it was only last year that somebody on Facebook said it was under a Carpet shop! I then went onto race at Belpark and in the late 70's after giving up for a couple of years John Edwards and myself went back to Tooting. In the meantime Belpark had closed and the club had moved into Tooting under the name of Imbocrag, racing 1/32nd. However membership was on the decline and we eventually moved onto the Coulsdon club that is still going today. The trouble with the Tooting clubroom that being underground it used to flood occasionally, also rather strangely you was encouraged to sit down and race!

Andy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.