SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hola.
Soy un lector de sus comentarios y ahora tengo una pregunta sobre la carga de la batería del controlador SCP-3.
En la documentación de Slot.it, dice un modelo de batería tipo "Turnigy nano-tech 750mah 1S", pero no puedo encontrarlo para comprarlo, y según he leído tengo un límite de espacio dentro del controlador SCP3 de: "45 * 28 * 10 mm".
¿Alguien puede decirme una batería alternativa que se pueda comprar en línea o en Barcelona (España)?

Otra pregunta, para los usuarios del controlador SCP3, que lo usan con batería, ¿han tenido algún problema con el calentamiento del controlador durante la carga? ¿O lo carga con un cargador externo?
Muchas gracias.

Lo siento por mi ingles.

Attachments

·
novice jazz player &
6,269 Posts
google translate:

I am a reader of your comments and now I have a question about the SCP-3 controller's battery charge.
In the Slot.it documentation, it says a battery model type "Turnigy nano-tech 750mah 1S", but I can't find it to buy it, and as I have read I have a space limit inside the SCP3 controller of: "45 * 28 * 10 mm ".
Can anyone tell me an alternative battery that can be purchased online or in Barcelona (Spain)?

Another question, for users of the SCP3 controller, who use it on battery, have you had any problem with the controller heating up while charging? Or do you charge it with an external charger?
Thank you very much.
I'm sorry for my English.

Answer:

Any 3.7V LiPo which has the red 2pin JST connector and which meets those size specifications should be fine.

The SCP-3 has an on-board charging circuit powered from the USB port. It seems very nicely designed and shouldnt create any noticable heat. Why do you ask? Have you tried recharging a LiPo battery?

c

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Answer:

Any 3.7V LiPo which has the red 2pin JST connector and which meets those size specifications should be fine.

The SCP-3 has an on-board charging circuit powered from the USB port. It seems very nicely designed and shouldnt create any noticable heat. Why do you ask?

Hello Dr_C, thank you very much for the reply.

I am in the process of purchasing several SCP3 controllers, and I have to decide whether to buy the SCP301C power cartridge, or whether to find and buy the battery for its operation.
I want to know the opinion of someone who is using the controllers with the battery system, to know if they are happy with the system, and to know if they have put batteries of another type, or if they have placed batteries of 1000mAH, or more mAH, . (the important thing is that they have the correct measurements).

Have you tried recharging a LiPo battery?
No, I have not tried it yet, but surely someone who has it can explain their experience to us.

I have read in a forum that some batteries that can go well are the Carrera Inhalámbrico remote control. I think the measurements are correct, and they are 1000 mAh.

·
novice jazz player &
6,269 Posts
Hi Toniperla,

I have four SCP-3 controllers - I either use them for four car rug racing or I set up two for O2 system and two for SSD/ARC.

They are well made, function well and look nice too.

Charging via the USB port is a very nice feature and works very well. I use standard Apple USB chargers with USB-to-micro_USB cable - works perfectly. My LiPo batteries were purchased on line... they are 750mAh capacity and of course single cell (3.7V) with red 2 pin JST connector. Plug and play.

Very nice hardware! (no links whatsoever with Slot.it - all four purchased through UK retailers).

Enjoy.

c

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi Toniperla,

I have four SCP-3 controllers - I either use them for four car rug racing or I set up two for O2 system and two for SSD/ARC.

They are well made, function well and look nice too.

Charging via the USB port is a very nice feature and works very well. I use standard Apple USB chargers with USB-to-micro_USB cable - works perfectly. My LiPo batteries were purchased on line... they are 750mAh capacity and of course single cell (3.7V) with red 2 pin JST connector. Plug and play.

Very nice hardware! (no links whatsoever with Slot.it - all four purchased through UK retailers). JAJAJJAJA

Enjoy.

Hello Dr_C again, perfect !! This is what I wanted to hear. Well, with this clarification, I only need to find the batteries online.
Thanks again.
Thanks again

·
Greg Gaub
14,801 Posts
This is the kind I got.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009PBZ8BG

And they fit nicely into the handle without having to take away part of the screw post.

Also, if you're charging in the handle and don't plan to install other cartridges, you can eliminate the screw post entirely, and install a larger battery, then wrap the handle and cartridge cover with some kind of material to hold it on, from sello/packing tape to grip tape, or anything you want.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello Mr. Flipant

Thank you very much for the explanation, and the images. I see that it is 500 mAh., And not 750 mAh, ¿ How long can you be using the controller without having to charge? ¿Do you load it from the usb of the controller? Have you not had any problems?

Gracias.

·
Greg Gaub
14,801 Posts
I have not tested the longevity of a full charge. Slot.it has not published the expected longevity of their recommendation, either. Once we have some known use-times, we can calculate how long any given battery will last.

I've not had any problems charging in the handle. The mAh rating will only change how fast it depletes and how fast it charges, not it's ability to function or charge properly.

I would expect that a larger battery is only needed if the same controller were to be used in an endurance racing situation, such as the 24hr race. Otherwise, you could simply charge it up the night after, or before, any given race. Or have a spare on hand in case you get the battery warning. As mentioned, this battery is small enough to fit in the handle without any additional modification to the handle, such as removing plastic from the screw post for some of the larger batteries.

·
novice jazz player &
6,269 Posts
I support everything that MrFlippant says above and I would add:

1/ My 750mAh batteries meet the Slot.it spec, and of course fit without any modificatiin.
2/ I ordered AA-sized LiPos which would fit - they were an amazing 2600mAh... but never arrived so I had to seek a refund. Not sure if they exist... but if they do they sound ideal.
3/ if racing for a long time e.g. 24hr Le Mans... a short pit-stop to change controller batteries if necessay... why not?
4/ in the world of R/C model aeroplanes.., the rechargeable batteries are never allowed to discharge below about 50% for IC powered models - this avoids the possibility of loss of control.
5/ when I get chance I will measure mean current in normal use... then we can estimate max number of hours of use on a full 750mAh charge.

c

·
ParrotGod
7,925 Posts
I still have to find the right battery for my SCP3. Knowing that I bought the power cartridge (would have been nice to have it together with the controller given that no battery are provided).

In a 24H I do not see realistic the use of batteries for the controllers at least for another 5 years.

To be honest, I do not see any advantage anyway...the drivers are on a rostrum with fixed position where the plugs for the power supply are located.

Plus, you have already plenty of things to worry about and do not want to add to your list the battery of the controller.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have not tested the longevity of a full charge. Slot.it has not published the expected longevity of their recommendation, either. Once we have some known use-times, we can calculate how long any given battery will last.

I've not had any problems charging in the handle. The mAh rating will only change how fast it depletes and how fast it charges, not it's ability to function or charge properly. okkkkkkkkk

I would expect that a larger battery is only needed if the same controller were to be used in an endurance racing situation, such as the 24hr race. Otherwise, you could simply charge it up the night after, or before, any given race. Or have a spare on hand in case you get the battery warning. As mentioned, this battery is small enough to fit in the handle without any additional modification to the handle, such as removing plastic from the screw post for some of the larger batteries.
It is not my case, it is to be used in a home circuit, so I think I will not have problems in this regard.

Thank You

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I support everything that MrFlippant says above and I would add:

1/ My 750mAh batteries meet the Slot.it spec, and of course fit without any modificatiin.
thumbsup.gif

2/ I ordered AA-sized LiPos which would fit - they were an amazing 2600mAh... but never arrived so I had to seek a refund. Not sure if they exist... but if they do they sound ideal.
blink.png

3/ if racing for a long time e.g. 24hr Le Mans... a short pit-stop to change controller batteries if necessay... why not?
4/ in the world of R/C model aeroplanes.., the rechargeable batteries are never allowed to discharge below about 50% for IC powered models - this avoids the possibility of loss of control.
5/ when I get chance I will measure mean current in normal use... then we can estimate max number of hours of use on a full 750mAh charge.
banana.gif

Thank you for your information!!!
biggrin.png

·
Registered
82 Posts
Todavía tengo que encontrar la batería adecuada para mi SCP3. Sabiendo que compré el cartucho de energía (hubiera sido bueno tenerlo junto con el controlador dado que no se suministran baterías).

En un 24H no veo realista el uso de baterías para los controladores al menos por otros 5 años.

Para ser honesto, no veo ninguna ventaja de todos modos ... los conductores están en una tribuna con posición fija donde se encuentran los enchufes para la fuente de alimentación.

Además, ya tienes muchas cosas de las que preocuparte y no quieres agregar a tu lista la batería del controlador.
Thank you very much for the information ..Grunz... if it is at the level of competition you may be right, but at the level of the house, with children, not having the cables I think it can be much more comfortable.

·
ParrotGod
7,925 Posts
I would not trust my SCP3s with children. I think you would be better off with the ARC pro controllers for that.

But I agree that not having cables around should make things easier.

In my home track, (we race now only oxigen) I have placed power sockets around the track: drivers also do marshalling and so far we have enough people to cover all the tricky spots.

Having said that, we had an episode in which one of the guys got so into the race that he started to move from his original position to a point where his controller banana plugs got disconnected ;-)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I would not trust my SCP3s with children. I think you would be better off with the ARC pro controllers for that.

But I agree that not having cables around should make things easier.

In my home track, (we race now only oxigen) I have placed power sockets around the track: drivers also do marshalling and so far we have enough people to cover all the tricky spots.

Having said that, we had an episode in which one of the guys got so into the race that he started to move from his original position to a point where his controller banana plugs got disconnected ;-)
Hello again GRUNZ, I have studied the ARC option, but I will use it for when there are more than 3, for now I am going to buy 3 SCP3. I have a problem, the problem is that my circuit is not permanent, the circuit is in a room that has to be used from time to time, so I cannot propagate fixed power outlets. That is the reason why I opened the post, to clarify that using batteries solved the problem.
The problem that you had with your children, I am suffering it every day with the NDigital that I have mounted right now .;).

Another question, I have looked and I have called stores, and they have told me that the ARC PRO controller is discontinued, is that possible? or could it be that I did not search correctly?

Thanks.

·
novice jazz player &
6,269 Posts
The ARC controller is central to the current SSD 6-driver-compatible ARC PRO powerbase. It is inconceivable that the ARC throttle would be discontinued as an accessory product unless superseded by a replacement version.

c

·
Registered
82 Posts
El controlador ARC es fundamental para la base de alimentación ARC PRO actual compatible con SSD 6 controladores. Es inconcebible que el acelerador ARC se suspenda como producto accesorio a menos que sea reemplazado por una versión de reemplazo.

C

Hola Dr_C, yo también lo creo, lo volveré a buscar online.
Gracias.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you very much Matraman670,
Today I got the SCP3 controllers, and I got a 50mm battery instead of 45mm. but I can install it in the compartment without problems.
I have some questions:
Is there any indication of the remaining battery in the controller?
Is there any indication that the battery charge has finished?
Can I charge the battery of the controller, connecting it to the usb of a computer?
Is it better to charge it with a mobile phone transformer?
What characteristics must the transformer have?
Thanks for the help.

20210216_123028.jpg
20210216_123018.jpg

Attachments

·
Greg Gaub
14,801 Posts
There is little to be found in the manual on those subjects. From what I've seen so far, your only indication of low battery is that "b" will flash in the display every two seconds. The only indication that charge is complete is that the green light will turn off. When you plug it in, you should see a light next to the USB connector turn on green. I believe that when it turns off, charging is complete. I only have the behavior of one controller to go by, though.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts